• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A possible cause of the 50% signal issue with 2.1

Well, I just tried while sitting at my house, where I've had no problems before. Tried the *228 and *22899 and no luck. No bars here now where I used to get 3 and 4 bars. Plus, since my phone thinks its roaming all the time, it seems to be draining my battery faster.

well that means your not in verizons coverage and you need to goto a verizons coverage area to get the latest prl from 228, so before you might have been roaming off sprint or something.

Upvote 0
I can't download anything here at work so I will have to try this later. Although I will say that I have only been getting 1 or 2 bars here at work lately and today for some reason I have 4 bars. Speed test showed 2.4Mbs download so I may not need to worry about it.

I am curious to see if this does anything about the 50% without signal that some of us are having.

How do you check your 3g speed on the eris?

Upvote 0
I have an alltel phone from when I was in the military un Virginia. I live in northwest Indiana now and my alltel LG always says its roaming, but everytime I go to the eastcoast it doesn't roam. So my question is if. I upload this on my eris here in the alltel roam area will my eris roam?

There is no reason you should be roaming with the uploaded PRL or even have a notification about roaming, you can always download it and try and if it isn't what you like then just 228 and get back to verizon's latest.

Someone wanna explain this? I read through the thread and it looks like it helped some people. where is this confirmation coming from?

The confirmation doesnt fix the 50% bug, it does help people with reception but only if alltel was big in your area before the merge went into effect as so it seems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones