A Question About Removing At&t Preinstalled Apps

Last Updated:

1. kmthomas2009

kmthomas2009 Member This Topic's Starter

I titanium backup on my captivate and i backed up all the at&t preinstalled apps on my sd card(navigator,maps,radio,etc)....i was wondering if i uninstall them will it mess up my captivate?? i wanna freeze them but u have to pay 4.00 for the other version and im trying to stay cheap...and if i uninstall them can i put them back on using the backup?? Help Plz Im A Newb 2 Rooting

Advertisement
  2. dontshakepandas

dontshakepandas Well-Known Member

I deleted mine and haven't had any issues. Titanium defender won't back up the .apk files of pre-installed apps (such as the ATT bloatware) but if you need to put them back later they are available online. Just make sure you don't delete any of the google services, you need those.

3. jazzman09

jazzman09 Well-Known Member

how can you delete att bloatware from phone itself? can you uninstall them from phone without hookup to computer?

4. MrTony

MrTony Banned

Yes, get Titanium Backup from the market. It does require ROOT access!

5. jazzman09

sorry hacking my phone is against my religion. Can't do it, att wanted to sell me the phone like this and this is how I should accept it, I love it this way anyhow.

6. MrTony

MrTony Banned

You're no longer using an iPhone, you don't have to sing the iPhanboi mantra any more! ;)

7. jazzman09

LOL, I swear if I jailbroke my iPhone I bet Steve Jobs would be at my front door the next day with a SWAT team, Apple doesn't like it at all.

8. MrTony

MrTony Banned

Yea, we've seen that Apple will literally do just that (ie. the prototype iPhone 4 that Gizmodo got there hands on) :D