• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A way to help those trying to help you

PH8AL

Android Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2011
Just some suggestion to aid you in getting help faster and more accurately.

With so many variables possible on any Android device, information is key and often it takes multiple posts to get the needed info.

To the left under your username is a section for you to list your devices. You can add details here about whether your phone is sprint/boost rooted or not what rom/kernels.

Having this info listed gives the helper most of what he needs at a glance on first post read.

Also listing this info in the post will help you get help faster.

Details.
the more detailed you can be about what your phone is up to the better. An insignificant seeming detail might be the key to make a connection for the helper.

Now yes you might give to much info! Give it anyways!

A bit of an Android noob myself but I do alot of pc repairs as a sideline and can say I am always happier sifting through to much info than trying to figure it out with not enough or be tied up waiting for more.

lastly remember to always thank some one who tries to help you. Even if it didn't lead to a solution.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones