About my Xbox 360

Last Updated:

1. Tiffani

Tiffani Banned This Topic's Starter

I want to buy for my xbox 360 controller a rechargeable battery that can lasts a long time after a full charge, i found 4800mAh Rechargeable Battery
    But somebody suggested me to buy this:
    1450mAh USB Powered one
    Is it a battery with USB port, seems quite interesting, but i don't know which one would be better for xbox 360 wireless controller, could you please give me some suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

You could just buy the plug and play kit which comes with a battery and a USB cable that docks on top of the controller so you can recharge it. It's also relatively cheap at $20 USD.

3. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

^ is what I'd say

4. Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle Well-Known Member

i third that. Its less of a headache so when your batter is going dead, the circle on the controller will start lighting up in a circular motion. That means its time to charge. Plug it up and go on your merry way.

5. Intruder

Intruder Well-Known Member

plug and play charger things are rubbish for that price wait for the specials and get 3x24 pack of Duracell for that money

6. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

I'd go for a plug and play kit, less of a hassle. You don't need resync your controller ever again. Just plug in the kit and swap it into the xbox and the controller is synced.

This is me though, but I can easily blast through very many batteries in one weekend when I'm in the mood. So I basically see benefits with plug and play kit rather then batteries.

7. smacky

smacky Banned

The PnP kit is a sham. I got it and the battery goes to shit after a few months to the point where you need to keep it wired up just to use it since the battery only lasts thirty minutes or so.

I went ahead and bought rechargeable AA batteries, four of them, and never looked back. For almost three years now, each set of fully charged batteries gives me 100 hours of gameplay, no problem.

8. beenz

beenz Well-Known Member

Here is what I use

Xbox 360 Quick Charge Kit

It's nice because you can keep one battery on the charger, and once the battery you're using goes dead, you can swap it out for the charged one and put your dead battery on the charger. It comes with one battery

9. JaredJay

JaredJay Member

The biggest difference between them is the hard drive. However, even the Arcade model can any 360 game and go online like the Premium or Elite. That said, I would try to get the Premium if possible.

10. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

agreed.. simplest,cheapest and most effective

11. NYCHitman1

I dunno about all that. I had my plug-and-play kit for almost 3 years before it died out on me. Just bought a new one in April and it's running superb.

12. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

Used mine for about 2 and half years before I needed to grab a new one. So don't seem like that's the problem then. I still will stick to PnP because of reliability.

13. Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle Well-Known Member

my battery lasts me for about a year then i just buy another rechargeable battery. Still come out cheaper and more convenient than buying a ton of AA batteries.

14. Tiffani

Tiffani Banned This Topic's Starter

According what you said, both of them i post before are so cheap, can I trust them??

15. NYCHitman1

Honestly if it were me, I wouldn't. I would go with what is known to work which is the official PnP kit from Microsoft. It's worth the $20 USD, I assure you.

Aiyan likes this.
  16. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

In the long run 20 bucks ain't much and you know what you get then. :)

17. sholing

sholing Member

I never thought of playing this before ,when it comes to reality You could just buy the plug and play kit which comes with a battery and a USB cable that docks on top of the controller so you can recharge it.and i would say it is just $20...so grab it soon...

18. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I just have a dock station for my batteries and then just swap them. I get hours of play time out of my batteries as well.