• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

About my Xbox 360

I want to buy for my xbox 360 controller a rechargeable battery that can lasts a long time after a full charge, i found 4800mAh Rechargeable Battery
But somebody suggested me to buy this:
1450mAh USB Powered one
Is it a battery with USB port, seems quite interesting, but i don't know which one would be better for xbox 360 wireless controller, could you please give me some suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

I'd go for a plug and play kit, less of a hassle. You don't need resync your controller ever again. Just plug in the kit and swap it into the xbox and the controller is synced.

This is me though, but I can easily blast through very many batteries in one weekend when I'm in the mood. So I basically see benefits with plug and play kit rather then batteries.

Upvote 0
The PnP kit is a sham. I got it and the battery goes to shit after a few months to the point where you need to keep it wired up just to use it since the battery only lasts thirty minutes or so.

I went ahead and bought rechargeable AA batteries, four of them, and never looked back. For almost three years now, each set of fully charged batteries gives me 100 hours of gameplay, no problem.

Upvote 0
I want to buy for my xbox 360 controller a rechargeable battery that can lasts a long time after a full charge, i found 4800mAh Rechargeable Battery
But somebody suggested me to buy this:
1450mAh USB Powered one
Is it a battery with USB port, seems quite interesting, but i don't know which one would be better for xbox 360 wireless controller, could you please give me some suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
The biggest difference between them is the hard drive. However, even the Arcade model can any 360 game and go online like the Premium or Elite. That said, I would try to get the Premium if possible.

Upvote 0
The PnP kit is a sham. I got it and the battery goes to shit after a few months to the point where you need to keep it wired up just to use it since the battery only lasts thirty minutes or so.

I went ahead and bought rechargeable AA batteries, four of them, and never looked back. For almost three years now, each set of fully charged batteries gives me 100 hours of gameplay, no problem.

I dunno about all that. I had my plug-and-play kit for almost 3 years before it died out on me. Just bought a new one in April and it's running superb.

Upvote 0

Used mine for about 2 and half years before I needed to grab a new one. So don't seem like that's the problem then. I still will stick to PnP because of reliability.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones