Accessories PostTips

Last Updated:

1. blaxican25

blaxican25 Well-Known Member

lets share spare parts & accessories here make sure to post a pic and a link to item. :)

NEW ASUS EeePad Transformer Prime TF201 LED LCD Screen Display B101EW05 1280*800

Original Asus Transformer Eee Pad TF101, Prime TF201 Power Adapter Charger Cord

USB Charger Charging Data Cable for Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 TF201 Prime | eBay

2. eluno

eluno Well-Known Member

can anyone recommend a good car charger for the prime?
  3. sporttrac986

sporttrac986 Well-Known Member

Car chargers are not a good idea for tablets or phones. Voltage is too unstable.
    Recommend portable power packs/chargers.
    New Trent & ZAGG make them, to name a few.
    I think ZAGG only makes one @ 5000 or 6000 mAh (milliamps)
    New Trent has several 2200 thru 11,000 mAh.
  4. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

The big issue with the Prime is that the output needs to be 15v, not the typical 5v that comes out of USB.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  5. Jenniferlg

Jenniferlg Member

I don't know any technical info on how stable it is, but I use a car charger/converter from Radio Shack that has two outlets, a cigarette lighter socket & a 3-prong one. I have my Garmin plugged into the cig lighter & my Asus, if needed, plugged into the other. It's worked fine so far!
  6. dotnettex

dotnettex New Member

I have yet to find a compatible charger and will probably have to make one. What ever you do, stay away from the NTK charger you see at Amazon (and other places). It's junk, doesn't work, and worst.. you run a risk of damaging your Transformer Prime. ASUS will not honor a repair if the damage is cause by a 3rd party, unsupported, accessory. Stay away from it.. I almost fried mine!
  7. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

I think the safest way is to get an inverter to convert the 12vdc into 110vac and then use the ASUS charger. Not very efficient, but it works.
  8. theandies

theandies Well-Known Member

9. redheadedguy

redheadedguy Well-Known Member

I don't have a link, but the USB adapter has been invaluable to me. Plug any USB device in. Even external hard drive.
  10. tcp316

tcp316 New Member

Where do you find the USB adaptor?
  11. redheadedguy

redheadedguy Well-Known Member

My instruction manual said prime can be charged through computer USB if your not transferring data. Doesn't a computer output 5 volts?