• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ACS] Star-ScROM for Transform Ultra

Hello Gents,

This is my 1st Android phone, my dad got it for me at Best Buy on Black Friday. Fair warning....I am a noob at being a noob and I apologize up front.

I think my question is simple (hopefully) :D I would like your opinion and advise on if what I am thinking is correct.

I have not rooted my phone yet and Im a bit nervous cause my dad will kill me if I brick this phone, but Im a rebel...lol

-Enable USB Debugging

-Follow [ACS]Root for Transform Ultra by interdpth (http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/430140-acs-root-transform-ultra.html)

-Install and run "Clockwork MOD"

-Run full backup to SD card with Titanium Backup

-Download and install [ACS] Star-ScROM for Transform Ultra by interdpth (http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/454412-acs-star-scrom-transform-ultra.html)

Im thinking this is all I have to do (I hope). Is there anything else I need to do? Do I need to then restore my backup?

And any other advise you have, please share.

Thanks a bunch guys and look forward to to your assistance.

AJ

Upvote 0
Sounds about right in theory; unfortunately this phone does not support Clockwork MOD nor Odin at the moment therefore it's currently not possible to do any kind of backup. So if you do wish to root it and/or install Star-ScROM you do so with chancing that you might brick your phone with no possible means of restoring it to factory defaults.

Keep in mind the root and the ROM both work just fine, the only way you'll brick the phone is if you do something stupid.

Reactions: BoSoxSYCO
Upvote 0
You have the right idea but we don't have clockworkmod yet so no backups can be made. I would say it is quite safe to use Root for Transform Ultra by interdpth . If you are afraid to brick your phone you should wait for Odin or clockworkmod support. interdpth has been working on Star-ScROM. It is still very early in development. He is working out some bugs. I suggest watching the progress for a bit but that is only my semi-noob opinion. :)

Upvote 0
You will be safe rooting your phone. I would take caution going past that since there is no formal back up yet so if your dad's gonna kill you be careful what you do. Clockworkmod does not work on this phone yet do not install it or use it until its been released in this forum

Wow 3 good detailed answers almost all of the exact same time now that's good support

Upvote 0
Check OP for fix!

Hey man, I tried your fix and it did not work for me. I re-ran the 0.1 installer and my mms began working again. i have tried reinstalling 0.4 and then 0.45 without luck. I have also tried to go from 0.1 to 0.45 and it kills the mms every time. even tried turning off my networks during installs and rebooting a few times. don't know what else to do but stay at 0.1 since i use mms more than anything else.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your speedy responses. You guys ROCK:cool:

I think In going to hold off on that MOD for now and just ROOT it. From what I have been reading on the site, These guys work fast and good.

Thanks for all your hard work fellas!

Do I need to download the Windows drivers 1st?
Are there any other proven ROM MODs I should think about?

Yeah. Windows drivers first. I'm pretty sure mr interdpth is the only person working on this phone.

Upvote 0
ok fellas got a problem. been running STAR-ScROM 0.4 just fine. loving it. well i ust tried going to 0.45 and had no luck ( device not found towards the end as mentioned by others earlier). Well after this my ultras home and search key do not work, and upon holding the power button it just locks screen after release (no power off, etc.). im confused by this. any idea's?

Edit: lost ability to receive calls as well as keys issue. Still couldn't get either rom ( 0.4 or 0.45) to install (device notfound). Went through with mr sam adams and installed rom through adb command by command. Was getting a feww permission denieds and after a few changes made it work. Full functionality again :) was starting to worry me

Upvote 0
Yeah. Windows drivers first. I'm pretty sure mr interdpth is the only person working on this phone.
Don't forget about Shabbypenguine as well. He will turn out some good stuff for this phone as well when he has time. Trust me.. Most of you dont even know what these guys are capable of.. you guys have the beginning of an AWESOME comminity and great things will happen here.

I, myself have been working on odin for this phone. I got a transform ultra from a friend who switched to the warp and have been steady working on it every night for like two weeks. I'm still learning about odin and how to create files for it, how to use git to compile and decompile kernels and ROMs from the source code, and gotten pretty good at using adb. Thanks to the guidence from a few awesome devs over in the prevail threads. I wish I was as good as interdpth at this.. lol. My point is that there are others working on it as well, even if they haven't turned out anything usefull yet :mad: (directed at me of course)

sorry for intruding in your thread interdpth.. just wanted to say thanks for your work man.

Nice ROM by the way.. It's pretty quick..
Might wanna give Bloodawn and Blue a shout on the CIQ removal. Maybe they might be interested in throwing out some themes for this ROM too...

Reactions: smith058
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones