• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Adding keyboard language to rom

Hi,

I got around to rooting my Desire Z and found an awesome vanilla rom that only supports English and Spanish (Visionary G-Lite).

Visionary also have a rom with HTC sense so i did the following:

I replaced with the contents of the following folders with the same folders from the Virtuous Sense 2.3.3 release:

/system/usr/keylayout
and
/system/usr/keychars
(Not the cleanest way to do it i know)

I then installed Scandinavian keyboard from the market and i was able to get my 'extra' letters working on the physical and on screen keyboard.

One problem though. The letters

Sweet job mate! I can't help unfortunately but maybe a trawl through the G2/Desire Z Development forum on XDA will turn up something? I know I've seen posts there about changing keyboard language/keymaps.

Yea I found a few, but after updating the files they suggested it disabled the keyboard mapping for my device, it just didn't work.

Ah well.

I'm using stock CM7 Stable at the moment and really enjoying it. I also tried the Virtuous Unity Sense 2.3 rom (The G-Lite rom is by Virtuous i was spelling it wrong above hehe) and it's really quite good as well.

I'm very pleased with the rooted Desire Z :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones