• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adobe Flash not working on my HTC Hero? Help!!!

Identical problem here... i.e. stuff that used to work no longer works!

Specifically videos on the BBC News website. iPlaye works fine, but not the short videos embedded on the news site.

Your talking about BeebPlayer right..in reference to (iPlayer works fine)?

Yeah the videos won't work (BBC News) as you need Full Flash Support (like mentioned in this thread)... unless you are using the mobile BBC site..in which case it will work.

Upvote 0
Your talking about BeebPlayer right..in reference to (iPlayer works fine)?

Yeah the videos won't work (BBC News) as you need Full Flash Support (like mentioned in this thread)... unless you are using the mobile BBC site..in which case it will work.

Yeah I mean beebPlayer.

How odd, I would have sworn blind that videos on the website worked when I 1st got my phone... I must have imagined it then!!

Upvote 0
I came here because I have this same issue.

Videos will play fine through the browser but not through the YouTube application on the Sprint Hero about 75% of the time - The exact same video. I don't get that.

I played the recent Onion video where NASA plans to approach a girl in a laundromat - plays fine through the browser but not through the YouTube application.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks. And I'm glad this thread has taken a more productive turn.

Upvote 0
I resolved issues I was having by going into my browser settings.... (press the menu key when at browser, then click on more, and then settings) and I checked the box next to "Enable Plugins" !

I know that sounds stupid - but I don't know how it got turned off, or why I didn't bother checking earlier - but for a week earlier this year, like a numpty, flash wasn't working for me but that sorted it :)

perhaps it may help some of you....

Upvote 0
Also.

There are some websites which had flash that worked for me on the hero but now don't, I spoke to one of my friends he said he had recently updated his site to a newer version of flash.
So its also possible some sites who have updated their flash content from old to new and thats why we cant see it. My frient has changed his site back to old version.

Also he was moaning via he cant see his own site properly on his phone due its icrap

Upvote 0
android phones do support flash. like my hero for example does or did at first, but now intermittenly it does and doesnt. this issue occurs randomly thinking it might be an issue with the acutual services running cause when its running through the web browser it works better and more than it does working through i.e. you tube (pre-installed app) on my Hero...

Upvote 0
I think I wrote this in a similar thread...

1. You cannot play videos that are not available to Mobile version of YouTube.

2. Those that ARE available, sometimes they cannot start for certain reason (unknown for now), but after a number of clicks (usually 3-5), the video will start to play (I tested this on several videos)

A would appreciate if someone can explain why is this happening. The most logical explanation for now (but not very promising) is because of the low wi-fi internet speed...

Upvote 0
The way I understand it:
The HTC Hero has Flash Lite version 2 or 3, which supports websites who use Adobe Flash op to version 9.

Later this year, there will be released a new version of Flash Lite (i thought it will be version 4) that will support up to Flash version 10, but this version won't come to the hero, as is lacks the requirements (snapdragon processor).

So the problem can be, as mentioned above, that some sites have updated their flash version to version 10.

Upvote 0
Well, it's 2013 now, I've seen YouTube videos showing people downloading adobe flash on a HERO android, but yet I cant find where to get the file. Adobe it'self tells me I need to view content on a pc or other mobile device when I clicked download flash player. One video was playing let the bodies hit the floor, and I couldn't even concentrate on what he was doing for the distracting music. Good song though, but wish people didn't have to put music on instructional videos. I have a HERO200 my friend gave me when she got a new phone used only for getting online and apps with wifi so I don't have to lug my laptop around the house.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones