After Overclock.. 1.2ghz

Last Updated:

1. Delboy86

Delboy86 Member This Topic's Starter

Milestone Worry

After overclocking to 1.2ghz the milestone works like a wonder.. quick and more better..
    i overclocked in stages example 600mhz 1day couple days later 800mhz and 1ghz and then 1.2ghz.. but what im concerned about is the heat.. the more i use the apps and other stuff.. e.g youtube.. normal browsing.. texting so n so.. it gets hot and scares me.. lol i have Setcpu to see the temp.. it reads 37.0 c (98.6 f).. but it goes up to 105.6 F sometimes.. i'll put the phone down for like 10-20 mins it goes down to 86.0 F again.. could anyone tell me if this is normal..!

any advice would help! thanks
    Del:)

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

If you use it for longer periods it will get hot, especially when using WiFi or 3G.

As for using it at 1.2GHz I think you could easily go down to 1GHz and work very smoothly too.

3. Delboy86

totally understand.. but at 1Ghz had the same problem..! i even had it 1.4 at a stage.. worked a bit funny. lool.. went back to 1.2Ghz.. beats the crap out of my mates Iphone 3G.. lool.. im Hoping the heat don't kill my phone!

4. Delboy86

[​IMG]this is what the reading is :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. LifeInAnalog

LifeInAnalog Well-Known Member

...ya, that's pretty much why I stay at 800MHz. I know we can overclock higher, but being in Canada and chained to a Telus 3 year contract I can't afford to take any chances bricking my phone. I still find it plenty fast and smooth...though perhaps I wouldn't be considered a power user by any stretch.

What's the battery life at those screaming speeds?

6. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Mine is set at 1.2Ghz and I can get a day and a half out of it. It rarely get hot as well.