• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help After upgrade to version I5 phone stucks

Okay, step 1 is: forget about NPS, it's crap. :p

Then, search this forum for "Odin", and download it. It's a program to flash the Samsung phone without using NPS. You also need the firmware file(s), but I guess that's ok already?

You need to put your phone in "Download mode" before connecting it to Odin. You do this by powering it off, and then powering it on with [Volume Down]+[OK]+[Power]. When it shows a floppy disk icon with the word "downloading", it's ready to go.

Plug in the USB cable, and start Odin. The first "slot" or "box" in Odin should now connect to the phone. Specify the file(s) you want to install (be sure to put them in the right boxes), and start the install.

Odin will reboot the device and then wait for a new connection. At this point, the phone should be booting normally, and you can close Odin ... and be happy! :)

Again, search the forum for the required files and work steps, and let us know if you have problems.

Upvote 0
I did put phone into download mode before and I was expect to get connection via adb. ADB didn't recognized phone as device. May be I'm wrong but isn't it a way Odin worked? When I put my phone into download mode should there be any prompt? On screen I saw number of lines with hexadecimal addresses. Also I'd like to add that there is no respond from power off key and to power off phone I should to remove battery. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Ok, hex digits is definitely wrong. With [Volume Down]+[OK]+[End Call], you should go directly to the "Downloading..." screen, with no other text or graphics displayed before or after. It's true that there's no other exit from this mode than taking the battery out, or having the sw reboot the phone.

There is a "shell mode" which briefly displays some shell prompt before continuing, could that have been what you saw? Does it show anything else? Does it change? If so, to what?

I'm thinking that if it shows a hex dump, then something is fatally wrong and all it can do is show this "sad mac" or "BSOD" crash screen. :(

Sorry, I'm at my wits' end here. Anyone else?

Upvote 0
Slow down, son. You're talking about different things there.

To get into fastboot and/or recovery mode, you must have pressed a different set of buttons than what you need to press to get into download mode.

So, just to be absolutely clear: can you, or can you not, get to download mode with the blue icon, by pressing the "volume down" and "ok" and "end call" all at the same time?

If you can, continue with my 2nd post above.
If you can't, I'm afraid I can't help you.

Upvote 0
OK. It seems to me I pressed simultaneously "answer call" (left key) + "end of call" (right key) and volume down. For fastboot mode I pressed the same keys except volume down. So I understood that I pressed wrong keys, didn't I? Where can I find all possible key sequences? I will try later. Thank a lot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones