• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

alltel milestone no texting or calling!

alright, so tonight my sister took the motorola milestone off of her phone plan and so i went to add it to mine. i called alltel and had them add the number, gave them the esn/hex etc. did the whole *228 thing. but when i went to send a text or anything it would say "message not sent" so i tried making a call, it says "if you would like to make a collect call to a mobile phone or landline press 1.. etc."

i have no idea what the problem is. i talked to alltel and the tech guy couldn't figure it out. all the numbers like the min and whatnot are right. when i go into my phone info and like where all the status' of the phone are and it says network: unknown. and i was researching and something about a smsc number? if you dial *#*#4636#*#* and do something but i didn't know the number.
i just need some help from someone, please!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones