Alphabetize Bookmarks Widget??Support

Last Updated:

1. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm able to do it in the browser but when I activate the widget, they stay OUT OF ORDER, in whatever non-sensical way they are...

is there a way to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Bugs the heck out of me too, this one. Same thing on the HTC EVO, so it's definitely a software thing.

3. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

It's in order of how you set them. So basically it goes from the most recently bookmarked page at the top, to the first bookmarked page at the bottom.

I hate it too.

4. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone notice that now, if u sort bookmarks alphabetically in the actual browser, it eventually goes back to the order u saved them in?? It's not just the widget, it's the actual bookmarks now too...

How annoying!

5. fiskadoro

I really hope they fix this with Froyo. It's a pain in the butt to have to have to go to settings and sort alphabetically every damn time I use the browser. HTC need to fix this for both the widget and the bookmarks in the stock browser. As far as I can recall, the issue of the bookmarks in the browser not remaining alphabetical DIDN'T happen on the EVO 4G, but both the Inc and EVO share the widget issue.

6. fiskadoro

Wait a sec... I found a solution:

Bookmark Manager v1.0.4 Application for Android | Entertainment

I couldn't find this when I searched for "Bookmark Manager" in the Market, but the QR code worked and I downloaded it fine. Now our widgets will stay alphabetical -- great for us perfectionists.

There's another one called BookmarkSB (Bookmark Sort & Backup) which might be better because it's readily available in the Market and also backs up your bookmarks to your SD card.

7. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I use BookmarkSB, works great. You have to do your sorting, moving, and backing up out of the browser, then when you get back in the browser they are in the order you set with the app.

8. mhtrang

mhtrang Well-Known Member

BookmarkSB worked perfectly! This was pissing me off so badly