• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An Incredibly Strange Problem...

huggy3ear

Lurker
Feb 22, 2013
Having an issue that I hope can be resolved here as no amount of googling is aiding me. I apologise if this is in the wrong section.

My HTC Sensation got a little old and erratic and often played the random restart game, however last week decided to drop all signal entirely. It would occasionally read 'Insert SIM' but more often just be without any signal, network etc.

Took her to the shop - Orange UK now EE - and after the bloke tested my SIM in his phone, which worked, paid the

Welcome to the forums, Huggy3ear.

Yes, as said, a sim or sd card can import corruption from one device to another, causing unpredictable behavior, necessitating hard resets, etc.

The device you own is likely in need of a factory data reset, along with a brand new sim card. I'd also take the trouble to get a new sd card for fear of something rogue being on that portion of storage.

Behaves a bit like a virus, doesn't it. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones