• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Device Manager - unknown device

trp88

Lurker
Aug 7, 2013
I took a look at the Android device manager page today and noticed something odd. There is a phone in my list of devices that I don't own, nor have ever owned. My S3 is the first Android phone I've owned..the unknown device is a Motorola Photon (MB855) which I've never owned. Not sure what to do about it since I can't find any kind of help link...any thoughts or tips? I'm a bit concerned there might be a phone out there on my account that I don't know about. I've never had anything amiss happen to my account, but I want to be certain.

Any advice? Thanks!

Welcome to the forums trp :hello:

If you go to the play store and then click on the cog wheel in the top right, select settings and under my devices, does that one show up? The ones you see there should be the only ones associated with your account.

I'm not sure the device manager thing is in full gear yet. My Galaxy S4 doesn't even show on the list yet. I know my Google Settings app hasn't been updated yet because there is no option for the Android Device Manager.

Upvote 0
Thanks Atma for the guidance. The unknown device does show up there as well...the carrier for the device is Sprint, which I haven't had in about 10 years. I'm still searching the google forums for some kind of semi-appropriate contact email. They make it relatively hard to ask questions :)

Thanks again!

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones