• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I do not like some of this kid attitudes but v6.2 is what i would call "final". This rom(6.2) is stable and smooth.

Answering Kevin, 6.1 had too many FC. I had none on 6.2.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Agree with u on 6.1 - loads of F.C's. Same on 6.0 for me also.

Just flashed 6.2 - cannot get cwm to backup/retore? Get message saying "this version of cwm should be used with CF-Root v5 or newer...........some features disabled, etc, etc"

Did you find this??

Upvote 0
To the last post about CWM problems with 6.2

And that's why I never used his rom as they weren't that great anyway with loads of issues already resolved on other developer roms. Couldn't ever quite understand why people raved on about AndyRom.

You've probably flashed unwitting a new version of CWM with 6.2. which doesn't work properly with your old backups. Flash back an older version and the backups will lukeoy work again (had this problem in the past I think).

Personally, I would go elsewhere for my ICS fix, you'll find them more stable and usable.

Reactions: cozins17
Upvote 0
To the last post about CWM problems with 6.2

And that's why I never used his rom as they weren't that great anyway with loads of issues already resolved on other developer roms. Couldn't ever quite understand why people raved on about AndyRom.

You've probably flashed unwitting a new version of CWM with 6.2. which doesn't work properly with your old backups. Flash back an older version and the backups will lukeoy work again (had this problem in the past I think).

Personally, I would go elsewhere for my ICS fix, you'll find them more stable and usable.

Thanks daffy, think I'll take ur advice from my wanamlite thread the other day. Give that a go for now as opinions of that are seem pretty good. AndyX has been a bit hit & miss.

Upvote 0
Got to say this is by far the best ICS rom ive used. also i see 6.3 is now ready.

I agree! I tried 4 others before AndyX and I'm still very happy with it! I haven't updated in ages but I'll try to asap. I used v5.3 for my whole holiday (gave it one hell of a workout!) and it was very good overseas with awesome battery and only closed on Angry Birds Seasons a couple of times :p

v6.2 is smooth and very stable. Haven't had any FC's yet! Is v6.3 out? Someone's gotta give me their source of information so I can get back to updating the OP with new links...

Upvote 0
adesirello said if you're on v6.0/6.1/6.2 you can just install 6.3 over the top. I was on v6.2 and installed v6.3 fine over the top. I always full wipe when going say from v5 to v6.

If you do a CWM backup and something goes wrong, you can restore your current state (so yes, you'll get everything just the way it was when you made the CWM backup).

Reactions: kevin625
Upvote 0
v7.0 is currently uploading!

Changelog:

- Based on OFFICIAL ICS 4.0.3 Stock Rom XXLPQ
- Modem XXLPQ
- Multi CSC OXXLPQ
- Deodexed for me!
- Zipaligned for me!
- Busybox
- 14 Toggles in Status Bar
- New Contacts.apk AOSP (original ICS)
- Added New Play Music app
- Removed sms in calls logs
- New icons
- All list APN
- Faster GPS
- Unlock screen with an option to unlock the original camera and ICS
- Added more tweaks:
* To improve performance
* To improve battery life
* Data to accelerate 3G, 3G +, H, H +, etc.
* To speed up internet browsing
* Video Acceleration
* Lockscreen black off when a call
* Improvements in WiFi
* And more
- New Bootanimation in HD (720p)
- Full screen Dialer style ICS (ICS original)
- Autobackup EFS Folder (in .img and .tar for flashing by Odin)
- Added All original sounds of ICS (Ringtones, Alarm, etc.)
- No incremental ring in calls
- Noise reduction
- New Google Maps v6.4.0 (ICS interface)
- New Youtube app with options to watch in HD (720p)
- Launchers Trebuchet, Nova and Apex updated to the latest version
- Mods:
* Bravia Engine
* New Beats Audio
- Added Kies WiFi
- And much more!

Looking forward to this one!

Upvote 0
Kie! You're alive!

Congratulations on the wedding... commiserations to your new partner.

The guys on here are looking forward to your honeymoon pic's! ;)

I trust that you will notice that we kept your thread in good order during your absence... well, sort of.

Thanks ironass...I think!

I think I can fit in some honeymoon pics without going off-topic! Incidently, keep an eye on the OP for new pictures of v7.0 :D While I'm at it, I'll revamp the whole first post focusing on v7.0 (instead of v3.1/4.1 :p)

Reactions: Shotgun84
Upvote 0
I can't wait for v7! I'm on 6.3 and it's amazing. No problems that bother me, no FCs, good battery life etc. The only thing is still the market installation issue, for big apps you have to remove the SD card so it installs to the internal SD.

Hopefully 7.0 will fix that

Also, once stable ICS versions of CheckROM or CM come out, I'll probably switch. I'll be flashing my phone so many times over the next few weeks

Upvote 0
I believe it will be released tomorrow.

Wishful thinking! On there discussion forum they state LPQ firmware is not stable enough to build CheckROM so I guess they will wait for updates.

Quote From Geko:
when will you release the version with the official ICS LPQ
Never..... LPQ is still far from being perfect as an ICS base

Upvote 0
Wishful thinking! On there discussion forum they state LPQ firmware is not stable enough to build CheckROM so I guess they will wait for updates.

Quote From Geko:
when will you release the version with the official ICS LPQ
Never..... LPQ is still far from being perfect as an ICS base

:( maybe my lack of patience will mean skipping to andyx ROM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones