Annoying NotificationSupport

1. GS3

GS3 Member

Hi Guys ,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with something that's not really a problem but it does annoy the hell out of me. Lately I've been getting a notification in my task bar but when I pull down the task bar I don't see the notifications and I can't clear the damn thing. Is there a way or app I can you use to see or clear the notification? It's not always there, but I pops up every once in a while or when a app is installed.

Thanks,

John

Advertisement
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum GS3 and thanks for joining.
    Have you got any anti virus software running on your phone? These will show a notification when you download a new app but will disappear when they've done their job.
  3. GS3

GS3 Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Yes I have Lookout installed, usually I get a notification when I install a App and it goes away when I clear it. But now there always seems to be two notifications that I can't see or clear.
  4. Shotgun84

Would you be able to take a screenshot and post it up? It might make it a bit easier to determine what it its.
  5. GS3

GS3 Member

Here's the screen shot, I hope it gives you a better idea of what I mean. Like I said it's not a real problem but it is extremely annoying. And nothing I have done so far has gotten rid of it.

shot_000001.jpg
  6. Shotgun84

That 2 looks like you had a couple of downloads which failed and are trying to run every time you download something. If you're on the stock browser I'm not exactly sure how you get to your downloads but it should be similar to dolphin. Open the browser, press menu, more, downloads. If any thing is trying to download cancel it. Another way to get to the downloads is download another file and while its downloading long press on it in your notification bar and it should take you there.
  7. GS3

GS3 Member

Struck out again! I check every single browser I have, and there are no downloads. I also cleared the all history and cache. Still nothing!:mad:
  8. Shotgun84

This is probably more to cancel another possibility. Do you have any apps which need updating?
  9. GS3

GS3 Member

Nope all my Apps are up to date. I check for Apps update probably 30 time a day!
  10. Shotgun84

I'm sorry I'm officially stumped. Don't give up hope though, someone else might be able to help.
    GS3 likes this.
  11. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

It's the generic "there are x more <somethings> to see" icon. I think it's simply telling you that your notification bar is full.
    GS3, led hed and Shotgun84 like this.
  12. GS3

GS3 Member

Unbelievable, that thing's been appearing now for over a week and for the life of me I couldn't figure it out. I was always better at solving the the real hard problems! LOL

Thanks a lot Slug & Shotgun 84 for taking the time to solve this mystery, It was driving me crazy.
    Slug likes this.