• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Annoying voicemail notifications

Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the voice mail notifications without turning the phone off? It's very annoying. Maybe I'm too dumb, but after I listen the voice mail and delete it, the notification is still in the notification area. I don't see any setting or way to remove it. I have to restart the phone. Anybody has this problem? :thinking:

From home screen go to settings>call>clear voicemail notification.

good call...

on past phones I only had to use that method when there was a communication error between the voicemail server and the phone

THe above method or listening for the voicemails works on my evo.

I wonder if there is some underlying issue causing this behavior on this evo

Upvote 0
good call...

on past phones I only had to use that method when there was a communication error between the voicemail server and the phone

THe above method or listening for the voicemails works on my evo.

I wonder if there is some underlying issue causing this behavior on this evo

Even after listening to the voice mail and deleting it the notifications don't go away. I went to settings and call. I find't see that option.

Upvote 0
I have a friend who's evo 4g constantly notifies him of new voicemail but of his own number. Apparently the phone thinks that his own number left a voicemail. I tried removing the notification option and do a hard reset but the voicemail continues to pop-up. By any chance has anyone else had this problem? By the way it's not rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones