• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another noob batter question - My s2 plus rapid draining

sogeking1

Mar 27, 2014
HKG
Firstly I would like to acknowledge the fact that I am a noob to android but I have done my research and a few searches with the limit time I have available. The thing is, most of the results are for the original S2 so I don't know if that makes a difference and others are for the hacked version of the S2 phones.

I'm currently in the process of recalibrating the battery based on another post I've found on here, it's for a hacked version of the s2 so in case it doesn't work with my version I would like to try and get some input from you guys.

I bought it on Wednesday and fully charged it the first time via wall socket and let it get to 100% before removing it. I used it a bit then plugged it into my pc and did not disconnect it until it was 100%. Overnight I used it a bit more and didn't notice anything unusual.

The next day I topped it off a bit using the power bank that came with it as a free gift before I left the house at around 11am, using it for music a few photo's and 20 mins of wifi. It was at around 88% when I left. When I got back home around 3pm it was at 60% or thereabouts. From around 3:30 to 6:15 I was on viber over wifi with over 65 minutes of talk time with chatting and taking a few pics in between. I think I was at around 15% by around 6:15 to 6:30 so I was pretty happy with that.
I then connected it to the usb again to charge it and checking every 10 minutes or so I noticed it took quite long to get back up to full capacity. By around 10pm it was still around 65% or and then around 10-15 minutes later it was fully charged which seemed a bit weird considering it took so long to get form around 15-60%.

Immediately I noticed something different after removing it from the usb, it was down to 98% after just a minute or so of sorting out my apps and stuff. With further usage I noticed a rapid decline in battery percentage, almost around 1% down with every minute of usage. At this time I wasn't doing anything heavy, I still had wifi connected but I was mostly just sorting out my apps and stuff. I got down to around 76% with just a few minutes of use and overnight I lost a further 11% according to Gsam battery monitor.

I'm hoping this is just a calibration thing, if not how do I identify the issue or narrow it down? I fiddled around with the settings last night but I don't think I changed anything significant that would cause a rapid drain like this, any help or input would help while I'm still in the process of re calibrating the battery.

Also, I've found a new icon called "Apps Finder" with bunny logo which I did not download and cannot seem to delete using the phone menu or app manager2. Not sure what this is or if it's related...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones