• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Blackberry Addicts Jumping Ship to the Droid X???

Blackberry or Moto Droid X

• Staying with Blackberry

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Getting the Moto Droid X

Votes: 76 97.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
+1

I am a former Storm user, and the more I used the Storm, the more frustrated I became. Yes, BB makes some solid phones, but after awhile, I wanted to join in the app world that the rest of the world was enjoying. As someone else said, I got tired of the Storm crashing on me all the time, and the browser was just utter garbage. I could even deal with surepress--until someone let me type on their iPhone. I couldnt believe how great it was...so when it was time to dump the Storm, I couldnt do it fast enough...

I have been pleasantly surprised with how fast my email has been on the X, and for me, if you take that advantage away from BB, why have a Blackberry? KnowwhatImean?

My thoughts exactly on bb e-mail. The most use i got out of bb's famous push e-mail was when i ordered my droid x and was trackin it via fedex e-mails.

Upvote 0
Had the Storm1 up until I ordered the Droid-X. The Storm did everything I needed.
Sure the app memory was low but I kept things I............actually USED.
Screen sensitivity in humid conditions became a problem late in it's life.
It's simple and effective OS worked just fine for me.
Phone signal was great.
GPS golf app worked great.
VZ Navigator worked extremely well.

Nothing much not to like really. Sure it is outdated .................now.............. but still functions well.

Upvote 0
I'm waiting for my Droid X to come so I can get rid of my BB Tour 9630. I kept the BB the longest out of any smartphone. I still really like it, the OS has been very stable for me, I'm in love with the keyboard, and love BBM and their email setup.

However, as many note, the BB OS just is getting dated to me especially after seeing everything android can do. I was hoping they would heavily revamp OS 6, but it doesn't seem to be enough of an improvement to make me stay with BB. I'm sure I'll miss certain aspects, but I've been wanting a phone with more customization, more developer support for cool and useful apps for a long time. I hope android is the OS for me. It certainly seems so!

Upvote 0
I'm waiting for my Droid X to come so I can get rid of my BB Tour 9630. I kept the BB the longest out of any smartphone. I still really like it, the OS has been very stable for me, I'm in love with the keyboard, and love BBM and their email setup.

However, as many note, the BB OS just is getting dated to me especially after seeing everything android can do. I was hoping they would heavily revamp OS 6, but it doesn't seem to be enough of an improvement to make me stay with BB. I'm sure I'll miss certain aspects, but I've been wanting a phone with more customization, more developer support for cool and useful apps for a long time. I hope android is the OS for me. It certainly seems so!

my scenario/thought process exactly!

Upvote 0
apparently, you haven't looked much into the app world - I use 3x as many apps as I could ever store on my Storm 1

the VZW approved OS was laggy and buggy, like the autodim when rotating to landscape - what a bunch of morons to have missed that!

signal was crap compared to the X

internal memory was a joke, and apps couldn't be stored on SD card

and the lock ups on the phone killed me

Upvote 0
Former Storm 1 driver...not missing it at all. I thought I'd miss the integrated Outlook functionality more, but turns out I was using it at home more because i could than because I needed. I still don't like the Android lack of calendar message handling, but that'll come at some point.

On Apps, I love the fact that there are so many free apps on the market compared to BB. I hope RiM gets the act together, but judging from how poor the 5.0 OSs (which are really not dependent on how old the Storm HW is) are, they will be the next Palm once somebody cracks thier e-mail model.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones