• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Blackberry Addicts Jumping Ship to the Droid X???

Blackberry or Moto Droid X

• Staying with Blackberry

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Getting the Moto Droid X

Votes: 76 97.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was a blackberry user for years, tried to leave to the iphone twice and came back. Then 2 weeks ago I got my Aria and havent looked backed and dont miss bb at all. For the bb users that used an android and went back to bb what makes you so sure you wont go back again?

OH yea, I'm taking the day off on July 15th for my X quest.

Upvote 0
9530 storm 1 here for me. It does its job, works as a smartphone, but it's just BORING. I never really want to tinker with it. Web browsing is too slow to be enjoyable. It just doesn't feel quite so customizable and it's more tuned with business than with pleasure.
Guaranteed, once I get my X, i'm not ever going back. I love open source stuff, and Android gives so many options. If the bootloader gets decrypted, Then i'll have no complaints at all with the X. Really looking forward to picking up my preorder at Best Buy on the 15th. :)

Upvote 0
Storm 1 user here, I've carried a BB since 2002 and I thought I would always have at least 1 BB, but the 9530 is my last. At one time RIMM had an edge but now besides the DOD level encryption they simply don't offer an appealing package. Alot of my clients are dumping the platform all together, BIS doesn't have a good feature set & BES is just too expensive for what you get. Droid X, here I come...

Upvote 0
Got the Storm 1 when it 1st came out, and I now have a Storm 2. I've been hesitant to get rid of BB not due to loyalty or being an addict, but mainly for only 2 reasons: BBM & push e-mail.

Dear BB: I have enjoyed out time together, but I am sorry to tell you I am moving on.
-signed jr0065 :(
Ditto. I have had both Storm 1 and 2. I am finally walking away from BB, but i totally feel like i am betraying a friend, though i know it will be for the better. BBM & push are huge to me though. The wife's Incredible is great, but the lack of push annoys her, she can have email from a half hour ago she is just getting now due to no push. :( I love getting the email 2 seconds after it arrives in my gmail, sometimes even before it does. This will take some getting used to. Gonna be rough, very...

The facebook app blows on droid also, which i don't like. Once again, i get a message on my BB within seconds of a post on FB. Not the same with the droid and no push, could be 30 min before i get that message. :( see it all the time with the Wife's Incredible

I know in the end i am making teh better choice. I know i will love the X so much after playing with it for a week. It's just the initial guilt i will feel leaving a friend behind. I can get used to no push, but i am not happy about that...but all the other bells and whistles from Droid make up for it...by far

Upvote 0
Ditto. I have had both Storm 1 and 2. I am finally walking away from BB, but i totally feel like i am betraying a friend, though i know it will be for the better. BBM & push are huge to me though. The wife's Incredible is great, but the lack of push annoys her, she can have email from a half hour ago she is just getting now due to no push. :( I love getting the email 2 seconds after it arrives in my gmail, sometimes even before it does. This will take some getting used to. Gonna be rough, very...

The facebook app blows on droid also, which i don't like. Once again, i get a message on my BB within seconds of a post on FB. Not the same with the droid and no push, could be 30 min before i get that message. :( see it all the time with the Wife's Incredible

I know in the end i am making teh better choice. I know i will love the X so much after playing with it for a week. It's just the initial guilt i will feel leaving a friend behind. I can get used to no push, but i am not happy about that...but all the other bells and whistles from Droid make up for it...by far
The X will have push email...
July 2010: DROID X By Motorola Lands On The Nation

Reactions: Legato
Upvote 0
I'll miss BBM, I chat with alot of people using it, and I am able to use VZW's smallest text plan because of it. I just downloaded the Skype app, and it works great, I just have to convince my friends to get it as well.

I WON'T miss:

Pulling my battery, and waiting 7 minutes for it to restart
Having to reconfigure all my settings after a software download
Waiting and waiting for my GPS to wake up so I can use Googlemaps
Charging the battery at 5pm if I actually used my phone for phone calls during the day

Upvote 0
I'll miss BBM, I chat with alot of people using it, and I am able to use VZW's smallest text plan because of it. I just downloaded the Skype app, and it works great, I just have to convince my friends to get it as well.

I WON'T miss:

Pulling my battery, and waiting 7 minutes for it to restart
Having to reconfigure all my settings after a software download
Waiting and waiting for my GPS to wake up so I can use Googlemaps
Charging the battery at 5pm if I actually used my phone for phone calls during the day

I hear you ... The GPS thing seems to have gotten worse the last couple of weeks ?

Upvote 0
BB Storm 1 owner about to dive in..

IMG00153-20100712-1618.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm on my third BB (8703, Curve, Tour) and am going with a Droid X -- I have a Google-hosted domain for my biz email so I'm not worried about the email handling, and of course I'm looking forward to taking advantage of having not just a phone that does email but a device that does everything.

Really looking forward to the upgrade.

Upvote 0
Switched from Tour 9630 to Droid X. Love the phone, but no notifications/alerts on an incoming Exchange (Activesync) email is killing me - makes the device useless for the most important reason I need it. This is worse than the 15 minute delay design of the Blackberry's OWA support. I'll need to return this device unless this bug is fixed soon....

Upvote 0
Curve 8330 to X. The X is simply amazing. I think the only thing that I miss is Berry Buzz - being able to look at my phone quickly and know if I had new email (purple LED flashing), text (red LED flashing), FB notification (yellow.....) I did like that feature.
But going to the X is like going from a Toyota (one that doesn't go too fast) ;-) to a Ferrari.

Upvote 0
I most recently left my tour, but I also leave 5+ years of using a BB.

A few months ago I had the incredible on launch day, used it for a painful two weeks and took it back, not even knowing of the x.

Now that I have the X I feel I can leave BB for good. There is a learning curve just like switching from pc to mac, but you work through it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones