• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any good RPG games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made a old school kinda Diablo like isometric Action RPG called Flailery RPG. I was going for Diablo but with touch controls for a flail and a bit simpler. Instead of having one weapon, you got a flail that you move with your other finger and it has 3 slots for different kind of heads to use.

f-1024-0

https://market.android.com/details?id=air.com.designoidgames.FlaileryRPG

Upvote 0
First Post for me. I only joined the android army about two weeks ago picked up my galaxy s2 and never been happier. Ive already managed to get baldurs gate 2 running perfectly on the device :) with the help of GemRB you can run any of the infinity engine games on android thats Icewind dale 1 and 2 {2 has some issiues} baldurs gate 1 and 2 and best of all planescape torment arguably the greatest rpg of all time and best of all its free provided you own the original games. Also managed to get heroes of might and magic two running and three is busy being ported. At the moment im playing around with some Psx emulators, desperate to get valkryie profile running on my droid {best psx RPG ever} and there are so many more. The only real issue is some games ecspecially the infinity games would definetely need about a 4 inch screen otherwise the text is just way to tiny, on my 4.3 inch screen with a font enlarger its pretty comfotable.

So overall I would say the android platform has the most to offer {excluding the pc} in terms of rpgs as long as you are prepared to fiddle around a little, the emulators make this a truly great platform for rpg lovers like me>>:)

Upvote 0
This might be my first post I've been looking for a thread like this! Thanks for all teh info. I just trie done I saw highlighted on androinica this week and it is great.. called Destinia and it is very much like a NES classic I loved - Legend of Crystania. I think its developers are the same who make teh zenonia series (Gamevil?) Check it out.

edit: I should say I have a sgs2 and it runs great on it.

Upvote 0
If you are looking for a nice RPG, then my favorite example is definitely Zenonia. The first two games are a dollar, but the third game is free. Now Zenonia isnt a turn based game like Final Fantasy, it is an RPG that focuses on real-time combat. There is also another free RPG by the same company called Destina. Other than that, I have nothing for you but emulators, but Im sure you are already aware.

Upvote 0
Hi all! First post!! Woo!

Anyway, I'd like to add onto what the previous post said... although maybe I should start a new thread since this one is so old...

Grinsia is a great one for those who like final fantasy-like turn based RPGS. so far a good story and some decent side quests with moderate difficulty. Since this thread started on just looking for RPGs that are NOT action-based but more strategy id like to focus on those. There are a huge amount of new RPGs like the ones above mentioned, but by a company called megames. Ive been searching the web all over for more info but it seems the company is only currently releasing these in what looks like Chinese. Some are free, which you can try and even without understanding it can see the RPGs they have are pretty fun (I made it a few hours into one without understanding a word 0.o but based on emoticons they use I can get a gist of whats happening in the story haha)

Anyway if you want to check them out the paid ones look pretty amazing. As in if it was in english I would have bought them outright a long time ago. Try searching for "RPG DESTINY SAGA" by megames.... the other titles are in what looks like Japanese so searching would be tough :p

I was wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of these games and if any one is willing to at least partially translate or play and post something to describe whats happening at key points at least?... if you're as crazy and determined like me I can play through these games through trial and error and still have fun :D.

But check them out at least, and you'll see what I mean if you're a final fantasy fanatic as well. Otherwise im playing Grinsia right now and its a solid game... check out all games made by KEMKO. Turn based gold :cool:

Reactions: trd360
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones