• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any ideas of Drainage?

Well I installed Overclock at 73% about 9pm. Was at the bar doing some web browsing and a few texts hoping to get the battery to the 50% marker and see if Overclock made any difference....Unfortunately same scenario, hits 50% and off it goes dropping like nobody's business. I'm going to recharge, wipe battery history and try again tomorrow I guess. What are the odds of this just being a bad flash of the gumbo kernal? I know I'm probaly the only on running stock rom here, but if other people are having the same issue on fresh and what not.....

Another thing I've noticed is that if I don't reboot my phone every couple of days the free RAM starts to drop off. It will start at ~85mb, hang in the mid 70's for the first day or so, then mid 60's, then drop to the high 50's.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am using the flipclock. I'll look into that a little more after work tonite. But what about the other folks here that say they are running fresh but having the same battery issue?

you know.. I wonder if its the location bug that is eating up you free memory as well as your battery. that was one of the things corrected by Fresh 1.1.. this link is about the stock weather widget not updating.. but the reason why it doesn't is what I'm talking about. Known Issue: Stock weather widget will not update location [Fresh 1.1] Geek For Me

Upvote 0
My battery life is sucking a little bit lately, I have to charge half way through the day while I'm at school and then when I get home around 6pm I'm at less than half battery life again. I unplugged it this morning at 7. Can someone direct me to a link with a walk through on using the spareparts app to check for awake time and possible draining apps? I've been searching but can't find what it is i should be looking for.

Upvote 0
when you have a poor signal, the phone boosts the power a little in order to reach the tower.. 1-2 bars means you burn through the battery a lot faster... even twice as fast as someone with 5+ bars.. I had piss poor signal, then I got an Airave.. I now have 5-6 bars at all times in my house (and half way up my driveway).. my battery was lasting half a day.. now it goes all day and with little use 30+ hours

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones