• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new Verizon Androids before January?

nexus one is the focus, and its not coming to verizon. nexus one is doing its own thing with t-mobile, it may be months before verizon gets anything similar. for all we know the rumored android phone coming next is the 'droids little brother' that looks like u could buy at toys 'r us (packaged with a barbie). im simply not waiting anymore and the more ive been reading, the more appealing the droid has become with its huge future potential. plus the downsides of a new phone (like the eris omg)... im just not sure if im willing to spend the extra 200$ above the price of an eris or who knows how much for a cell phone (i've seen estimates of $399 w/ 2 year contract - ridiculous) that will probably suck a battery dry faster than any phone we've seen. power is one thing, but overdoing it is another. i mean there's laptops and computers out there too. too much speculation, not enough answers. plus c|net's "hands on" with the nexus one wasnt spectacular for some reason, they said it won't be until nexus two when the fun begins. this just proves that your going to wait forever for the perfect phone. after using my friend's droid with 2.1 (hacked) on it, i was amazed at how the phone handled it. seamless moving graphics on the backgrounds, faster everything, it seemed like just what i need to be satisfied for quite a while.

Upvote 0
I gotta say that I'm a little surprised at the negative turn that this thread is heading toward.

You need to be happy with the info that Fated has been leaking to us. Sure it's not leaked pictures or anything, but what do you really expect? I myself am happy knowing that we should be seeing something big release in January 2010. Yes we all want a new phone NOW, but common.

I'm very happy knowing that a Verizon employee is willing to share any info he has. This is the next best thing to an official announcement from VZW.

Upvote 0
@droidz: I completely agree with you, I have had much bad luck with customer service from VZW in the past...it's nice to know that we've got one on our (the consumers) side. I hope he is able to continue leaking information up until an official announcement. I don't necessarily need new pictures that are leaked, I'm okay with gawking at renderings, but I would like to know what the device will be similar to whether it be like the N1, or preferably the Bravo\Incredible. Any inkling of that nature or the nature of a ballpark date would be fantastic. I applaud what he's doing and I don't think I'm the only one, I think those that appreciate his input just read and don't post, or aren't members that are just browsing through for the same info we're all after.

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if this might be the only phone that will come out for verizon in january the motorola devour Motorola Backflip and Devour Android phones to debut at CES? – Android and Me, everyday where hearing this company or that company is making an announcement at ces event but nothing from verizon or maybe they'll do it like they did for the droid and droid eris two android phones at once, one high end and one low end device and those two would be added to the "droid" line.

P.S. I really hope that another droid phone other the devour comes out because that phone is god awful ugly and the droid is not much of looker either but at least it's bearable.

Upvote 0
okay guys, finally news leaked. and looks like verizon is gonna be either hit or miss. we are NOT getting a new HTC Passion this early as some thought, it seems that verizon has a close relationship with motorola so you better get used to it ;\

As i've stated before i follow the feeds on these new early android phones, and basically, its been pretty much confirmed that HTC's only focus right now is the Nexus One. It is HTC's pride and glory as it will be completely 'googlized' and will only be avaliable on the t-mobile network (figures since they have been together the longest).. so as far as i know and what i've been reading, goodbye htc rumors for verizon this early in the year. They also stated the the droid eris will become quote "long in the tooth" once this new device is launched.

Bigger news is with motorola (the only company that seems to have any relationship right now with CES and verizon) will be releasing a new android based phone for AT&T with oled screen and physical keyboard but will lack many basics such as 2.0 OS, instead running on 1.6.

For us verizon users, it is also stated this morning that motorola "may announce" (yes they will) a second android phone for verizon wireless. forget about the droid devour, this phone is rumored to have ONLY a soft keyboard, no hardware keyboard. Could this be the sholes that have been rumored? images have been leaked so be sure to check it out. the phone is also supposed to pack a punch with 800mhz and has a more consumer friendly design with rounded edges. Also comes packed with a 8megapixel camera! Earlier reports said that the next motorola phone was going to be 'little brother droid', the devour. Boy, would this be a laughing stock. That thing belongs somewhere in toys 'r us!

the fact that htc is now moving away from its only 'google phone' to compete with the world and instead teaming with t-mobile is a bit sad for many do not like motorola. but its going to be something we may have to live with for awhile.

This is heartbreaking for me because I was going to pick up the Droid today (30th), but now I want to see about this new motorola phone coming to verizon. If its the sholes and the leaked pictures are correct, it looks like a very nice device running 2.1.

Verizon/Motorola will be holding the announcement on the 6th of January (day after the release of the nexus one, who would have guessed). I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I hope some of you find this information interesting. if you want more information, go to google and look up new verizon android phone (might even want to throw motorola in there) and look at the LATEST news.

I guess we've been hit by some good and bad news.

One question for people who usually follow CES, when an announcement of a new phone is put up, how long does it usually take for the phone to hit the market?

Upvote 0
okay guys, finally news leaked. and looks like verizon is gonna be either hit or miss. we are NOT getting a new HTC Passion this early as some thought, it seems that verizon has a close relationship with motorola so you better get used to it ;\

As i've stated before i follow the feeds on these new early android phones, and basically, its been pretty much confirmed that HTC's only focus right now is the Nexus One. It is HTC's pride and glory as it will be completely 'googlized' and will only be avaliable on the t-mobile network (figures since they have been together the longest).. so as far as i know and what i've been reading, goodbye htc rumors for verizon this early in the year. They also stated the the droid eris will become quote "long in the tooth" once this new device is launched.

Bigger news is with motorola (the only company that seems to have any relationship right now with CES and verizon) will be releasing a new android based phone for AT&T with oled screen and physical keyboard but will lack many basics such as 2.0 OS, instead running on 1.6.

For us verizon users, it is also stated this morning that motorola "may announce" (yes they will) a second android phone for verizon wireless. forget about the droid devour, this phone is rumored to have ONLY a soft keyboard, no hardware keyboard. Could this be the sholes that have been rumored? images have been leaked so be sure to check it out. the phone is also supposed to pack a punch with 800mhz and has a more consumer friendly design with rounded edges. Also comes packed with a 8megapixel camera! Earlier reports said that the next motorola phone was going to be 'little brother droid', the devour. Boy, would this be a laughing stock. That thing belongs somewhere in toys 'r us!

the fact that htc is now moving away from its only 'google phone' to compete with the world and instead teaming with t-mobile is a bit sad for many do not like motorola. but its going to be something we may have to live with for awhile.

This is heartbreaking for me because I was going to pick up the Droid today (30th), but now I want to see about this new motorola phone coming to verizon. If its the sholes and the leaked pictures are correct, it looks like a very nice device running 2.1.

Verizon/Motorola will be holding the announcement on the 6th of January (day after the release of the nexus one, who would have guessed). I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I hope some of you find this information interesting. if you want more information, go to google and look up new verizon android phone (might even want to throw motorola in there) and look at the LATEST news.

One question for people who usually follow CES, when an announcement of a new phone is put up, how long does it usually take for the phone to hit the market?

Is this you saying this or someone else you're quoting? Source please? I'll be downright disappointed if this turns out to be true. However, I find it interesting that it has been rumored elsewhere twice now that Verizon wanted the high-end HTC device ready for a December release, waiting on HTC. So this is saying HTC is putting all their eggs in the Nexus One basket and ignoring Verizon? I don't think so. As a manufacturer, that makes no business sense. HTC is in the business of selling phones and if they could make money on another front, I think they would. At this point, only the completion of CES can give us an indication on where things are heading.

Not sure where this would leave me if HTC goes dry for Verizon. I'm not committing to the Eris. I don't like the Droid. And it sounds like the next Motorola offering is qwertyless, I could consider that but it has a lot to live up to. My line is contract free so I could leave. Maybe the Nexus One with an AT&T SIM card? I know T-Mobile won't work for me so they're out. But a crippled data experience sounds unappealing for a steep pricetag. The state of cellular competition in this country downright sucks. :mad:

Upvote 0

The Nexus cant prevent HTC from new phones as they need to get their 2010 lineup set (which has several android phones). The leaked rom would still leave the following phones in play: PassionC, Incredible and Dragon (assuming as I do the Dragon is not the Nexus).
Also the devour does not have a soft keyboard, its the cheaper version of the Droid which means hard keyboard (your second source shows this).

Upvote 0
I will be very disappointed if Verizon is only going to announce the Motorola Sholes Tablet which is hideous. They might as well not even show their faces at CES to talk about this. I understand they want to get the most out of Droid, but they really need to turn an open ear and understand that there is a large consumer base out there waiting for a non-Moto device with Android 2.0 and an equal or larger screen than what the Droid has. I don't want to switch to T-Mo for the N1, especially because I'm not a huge fan of the FF, but if I have to I will...I'm on a month to month contract with big red right now so unless they can wow me with a new HTC device comparable to the Droid I think I'm out.

Upvote 0
what i have noticed with other electronics anounced at CES is that its all up in the air. sometimes they will show you something very awesome but doesnt really come out for about a year to hey this is coming out and will be available within the month. some do say it will be released on xx/xx/xxxx

if you read the 100's of websites now reporting this motorola thing with ATT and Verizon, many claim the motorola would come out 'early january', that can't be too far off for verizon.. i also saw somewhere early this morning (way too early) of the shole two pictures, ones that were leaked a while back, and a new slick looking motorola one. kind of reminded me of the eris with more screen. been looking for the picture but i can't find the damn thing now ;p

-jen

Upvote 0
Anybody else feel like there on a roller coaster. First rumours said the passion was coming to Verizon. Then the passion turned into the Bravo. Then the bravo turned into the Nexus One phone that doesn't work with Verizon. Then this "Incredible" phone is suppose to be coming to Verizon (sometime). And now I read nothing is coming until god knows when. Up and down we go. I think im going to reactivate my beeper.

Upvote 0
Anybody else feel like there on a roller coaster. First rumours said the passion was coming to Verizon. Then the passion turned into the Bravo. Then the bravo turned into the Nexus One phone that doesn't work with Verizon. Then this "Incredible" phone is suppose to be coming to Verizon (sometime). And now I read nothing is coming until god knows when. Up and down we go. I think im going to reactivate my beeper.

Welcome to Verizon Wireless

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones