• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any ROMs that are only Android 2.1?

I'm looking for a good working ROM that gives me stock 2.1 without any Sense or Sprint stuff on it. OMJ's looks like it could be what I want, but I'm not finding any images of it to confirm. Flipz is also listed as "stock" but I did an image search and it appeared to still have Sense. Any help would be most appreciated, thanks.

Nice, I just created a thread with the same topic! Need custom rom!

Upvote 0
Stock is not the same as AOSP. Stock is what HTC released with which includes SenseUI.

What you are looking for is an AOSP rom.

You will not get 4G with that type of Rom. If that is of no concern sit tight.

You'll see a good ASOP Rom within the next week or so.

AOSP, thanks. I know 4G is intermittently on in LA, but not in the areas I'm normally in. Do you think they'll be able to get 4G working for the Froyo AOSP ROM?

I used OMJ's and just turned off Sense and turned on LauncherPro. It gets rid of all the Sprint bloatware.

Does it also turn off all of Sense or just the launcher? Does the messenger look like regular Android or does it look like Sense?

Upvote 0
AOSP, thanks. I know 4G is intermittently on in LA, but not in the areas I'm normally in. Do you think they'll be able to get 4G working for the Froyo AOSP ROM?

Does it also turn off all of Sense or just the launcher? Does the messenger look like regular Android or does it look like Sense?

Messenger looks like Sense but I use Handcent. I like the little Sense touches here and there like in the Phone app but I don't really like the big Phone button at the bottom and all that. So yeah, I guess it doesn't turn off all of Sense.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones