• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to block incoming calls?

gridbug

Jan 1, 2010
Has anyone found any good call blockers to prevent unknown callers from junking up your voicemail? I've heard about GBlock and aFirewall but they're not complete solutions... looking for something that shuts down an unwanted caller with NO voicemail option.

Even better - an app where you put in the numbers you wish to accept and have anyone else who calls in get rejected instead of having to enter numbers you want to have blocked.

:rolleyes:

Has anyone found any good call blockers to prevent unknown callers from junking up your voicemail? I've heard about GBlock and aFirewall but they're not complete solutions... looking for something that shuts down an unwanted caller with NO voicemail option.

Even better - an app where you put in the numbers you wish to accept and have anyone else who calls in get rejected instead of to enter numbers you want to have blocked.

:rolleyes:

you can do it from the verizon website and no you dont gotta pay.

1. Log into your account go my verizon
2. Then click on the spam icon
3. Then it will say something about blocking numbers do that and then just enter the number.
4. Then it will tell you the ban ends at a certain date, when that date ends just redo the same process & your golden

You can block up to 5 numbers any more then they you gotta pay a certain amount a month. The nice thing is you can call and text the people you block but they can't do the same lol.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Great info here! I guess my ultimate blocker would only allow the numbers I have in my contact list through, thus eliminating me having to create and update a list of numbers I want to block, since most solicitors will use different numbers when they're junk calling. I'll certainly check out those options though! :D

Upvote 0
might be worth it to register your cell phone number on the national no call list at www.donotcall.gov

That is the way to go; we've done it with all of our numbers at home and work. It takes weeks on end for it to "take effect," but we all noticed one day that junk calls gradually stopped coming in, then stopped entirely.

I was amazed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones