• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody still using the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus??

funpig

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2010
I have owned my P6210 since about 2012. The first year was hell; under Honeycomb 3.2, my Tab random rebooted several times a day. Samsung Canada never pushed an official update. I was able to flash a UK version of Jelly Bean 4.1.2 in about 2013. This has been rock solid for the last three years.

Lately, i have been having issues going on some websites. I was told that jelly bean lacks up to date security protocols so the website will not let me make a secure connection,

I went to the xda developers site and flashed the latest cyanogenmod 13.0 with the pico gapps. Everything worked but there were a few bugs. It sometimes lagged and it occassionally force closed and rebooted. After the novelty of the new features wore off, I restored to 4.1.2.

(I have since discovered that using Chrome or Firefox will allow me to access the websites. I would still like to update the Tab to get rid of the underlying security issues and to be able to download newer apps which require higher version of Android).

I would like to find an earlier rom version of lollipop or kitkat which is stable. Any suggestions
?

Anybody else still using this Tab?

Last edited:
Anybody else still using this Tab?

I'm still using my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus but I do have issues with some apps. My Tab was purchased in the US and as a US model got an official Samsung update to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4). That was a good improvement over Honeycomb but now is more and more having issues with updated apps.

I am having to use the "stock" version of the Maps app. The updated version from Google Play locks up whenever a search is done and is pretty much unusable. I was having a severe battery drain issue with Google Play Services but that seems to be resolved now. I'm not sure if a new version of Google Play Services or my getting the needed sync and notification settings turned off cured that issue. There are several apps that I used to use regularly that are no longer compatible with my Tab, notably Blue Iris web cam software client and Texture by Next Issue magazine app.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Reactions: srglassw
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones