Anyone else experience this?

Last Updated: 2012-05-31 18:19:01
  1. Urfreaky

Urfreaky Well-Known Member

So I haven't paid my monthly charge in about 2 months now, ever since my plan ended because of insufficient funds my calls and texts wouldn't work (obviously) but my data (3G) still works! I can't call or text with the normal phone applications but I can call with grooveip and text with google voice. Anyone else ever experience this?
    Btw I'm on CM7 g60 style

Advertisement
    RolaAddict likes this.
  2. RolaAddict

RolaAddict Well-Known Member

Hmmm that is interesting.I should try that.Free phone :) if it works.
  3. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

That has happened to me on multiple occasions when I was still with VM. Even back when I had my rumor touch. Although it only lasted for a day or 2 max for me.

Also this doesn't belong in the all root section of the MT so I am moving it to the VM section since it pertains to all of VM and not just the MT ;).
  4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Keep in mind that if VM realizes their mistake, they have every legal right to charge you for the services you've used.
  5. sounreal

sounreal Well-Known Member

Whatever... if he did not pay or even if he left it plugged in the phone itself would still use data.
  6. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

I have had that as well. Though I do know that once they catch it, You'll be cut off.

I've never seen VM charge for this after the fact but they do stop that service.

Also they'll notice if you do anything that makes your data spike.
  7. Urfreaky

Urfreaky Well-Known Member

I've been constantly using it for the whole time