• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone else using CM 12.1 or Bliss Pop getting there service for free?

mjhealy1978

Android Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2013
Lowell,Ma.
So I posted before I got my newest Volt a few months ago when I was still using my Tribute before the screen broke & I purchased my 2nd. Volt, but before that happened I was rooted on my Tribute running Unjustified Dev's CM 12 lollipop ROM, well before I switched my # to my new Volt I had service through Virgin Mobile data done right(Walmart) & didn't pay for 2 month's & never got cut off until I bought my new Volt! Well to make a long story short, my month should have been up on the 5th of October, it still works! Free, but the funny thing is if I flash back to the rooted zv6 that I have as my backup, only mobile data works, when I try to text or call it says my plan needs to be restarted! So I'm dumbfounded as to how this is happening again! When I told Virgin a few months ago when I switched my # from my tribute to my volt the v.m. operator didn't even believe me that my phone worked for 2 months cuz on his end my phone was off! I easily used 20 gigs in those 2 months! I'm on the now $30 monthly unlimited text, 300 minutes, 3 gigs of data, before was $35 with only 2 gigs of data! It has to be something with the code? Cuz it couldn't have been a one time fluke, it wouldn't have happened again!

i would trace it back to moving from an original virgin mobile plan and device to a data done right plan and device....if you ever were an original customer vs being new as a data done right customer. in other words i think they have something screwed up during moving you from one account type to another.
That is originally what I did, had a volt from last summer when it 1st came out, than a galaxy ring, than I got my tribute from Walmart in may & switched to data done right, which was a total pain in the a$$! Than it all started! But strange it happened again, different handset, just odd! But I'm not complaining just wish I could use the stock ROM sometimes but ohh well I love the custom ROMs!!! Thanx 2 all the hardworking Developer's!!!

Reactions: Curtis1973
Upvote 0
I had the same thing happened to me on my lg optimus v it stayed active to the day the screen died it definitely has to do with the way Virgin Mobile handles the accounts
Nothing wrong with that the way I see it! I've bought more than my fair share of Virgin Mobile phones starting with the HTC Evo V 4G! The Optimus F3, Galaxy Ring, Volt, Tribute, & my newest Volt! Can't wait to see what I get next!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones