Support Anyone get the official update yet?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aconrad86, Nov 15, 2010.

1. aconrad86

aconrad86 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I'm stuck on AT&T in the states but I wanted to see if anyone has gotten the official OTA yet and what they thought of it.

Advertisement
  2. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Austin, TX
    I just went through the rigmarole to get my phone unlocked in the hope that this would let me get update early but not yet.

3. Jeremy81

Jeremy81 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I didn't get it OTA but I've installed the official 2.2 on my phone. I recommend waiting for the OTA unless you are familiar with flashing phones. So far it's been great. The only issue I've had is some websites give the Too Many Redirects message in the native browser. This firmware also enables 720p video recording and HSPA 3G speeds. My 3G speeds went from 1-1.5mbps down & 200kbps up to 3.5mbps down & 1.5mbps up. It also has Swype keyboard installed as the default which is great.

4. stevenlong

Nov 13, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Austin, TX
    Where did you get the ROM from?

I was playing with flashing this weekend, lots of fun but didn't succeed at getting to 2.2 via the instructions I found (but also didn't brick my phone either).

5. I just wish they would give us a better timeline then "sometime in december."

6. aconrad86

Jun 1, 2010
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks I really want to waiit and im getting impatient. I have never flashed a phone before but I reallly realy want this update. I cant say I'm surprised but stilll cant believe he way that Dell and AT&T have failed this update

7. Radimus

Radimus Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Just wait until you find out that the custom ROMs (DJ_Steve's) easily doubles the performance benchmarks of the official version.

8. stevenlong

Nov 13, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Austin, TX
    Has anyone been successful in getting DJ_Steve's rom to boot on the US AT&T Dell Streak?

I've tried a couple of times but with no success. But if someone has maybe I'll give it another go.

9. aconrad86

Jun 1, 2010
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I'm sure it does. I consider myself pretty tech savvy I just dont know how comfortable I feel flashing the rom. If it was a laptop or desktop I would go full speed ahead since I know plenty of people who can undo any damage I do and show me how not to do it again. I dont know anyone who could help me fix my phone, hence the hesitation.

10. Aidan Bell

Aidan Bell Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Hertfordshire, England
    I'm in the UK. Does anyone know anything yet about the O2 2.2 Froyo Update?

11. martinio1

martinio1 Active Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Mid December from what I have read, I just wish it was sooner.

Tags: