• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone have a statement from Google saying NOT to use task managers?

JuicyJones

Jul 13, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
Does anyone have a statement released from Google or someone within Google telling the consumers to avoid Task Managers on Android devices. I went into VZW, trying to get an additional battery (usually if u complain they send u an additional battery) because I'm getting 5-7 hours out of my battery even when I'm careful and try to stretch my battery. So the women asked questions, do u use Wifi...NEVER, don't even turn it on. Brightness? It's 1/8th of the way on to full brightness, Task manager? No Google said not to use one...

So she wouldn't send me a battery because she said that its because I don't use a task manager. I was telling her Google had advised us not to and she said, that's false that Google has approved them to put task managers on people's phones who are having battery problems. (I don't believe that) I looked around Google and could only find it from joe-shomes but couldn't find a statement from Google. Can anyone provide a statement from Google that advises us not to use task managers?

Does anyone have a statement released from Google or someone within Google telling the consumers to avoid Task Managers on Android devices. I went into VZW, trying to get an additional battery (usually if u complain they send u an additional battery) because I'm getting 5-7 hours out of my battery even when I'm careful and try to stretch my battery. So the women asked questions, do u use Wifi...NEVER, don't even turn it on. Brightness? It's 1/8th of the way on to full brightness, Task manager? No Google said not to use one...

So she wouldn't send me a battery because she said that its because I don't use a task manager. I was telling her Google had advised us not to and she said, that's false that Google has approved them to put task managers on people's phones who are having battery problems. (I don't believe that) I looked around Google and could only find it from joe-shomes but couldn't find a statement from Google. Can anyone provide a statement from Google that advises us not to use task managers?

There is no statement like that. You can use task killers/managers if you want to or not. Ask them to show you where it says they were "told by Google" that load of crap you were fed.

Upvote 0
There is no statement like that. You can use task killers/managers if you want to or not. Ask them to show you where it says they were "told by Google" that load of crap you were fed.

I agree.

That's like saying Ford told you to shut your car off everytime you get to a red light, then start it back up when it turns green to save gas. Obviously that's not going to save you gas, its going to use more, and put more wear on the car.

Upvote 0
I do remember reading somewhere, that Android manages memory very well on it's own, so a task killer was not a need. True, the tasks may appear to be running, but they're not.

On the other hand taks killers run ALL the time, and so they DO use power all day long. I removed my task killer and noticed a slight improvement in battery time (10% I'm guessing).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones