• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help anyone have car bluetooth incoming call pickup problems?

TT_Vert

Jun 4, 2010
The problem is that when I get a call on my integrated car Bluetooth and I try to accept the call with the phone itself the Bluetooth disconnect instantly. If I turn Bluetooth off and back on it'll connect. Or I can accept call with the integrated button on the headliner and it'll operate fine. It is just dificult to look at the caller id, set phone down, then accept the call with the button on headliner. Anyone else have this problem?

i wonder if the hokey handsfree setup in my 09 sonata is to blame. it is an OEM item but it is definately an after thought in the car. It sucks that it worked so well w/ my Centro, otherwise I wouldn't know what I was missing :), Next problem is that I need to turn the phone on to hang it up which kind of sucks. When it is against my ear the screen comes back on on its own, not so when you have it sitting in the center console during a call. You have to hit the power button then slide the lock key down, then hang up the call. What a pita!!

Upvote 0
I have the same problem with my phone too.

I had the BB 8350i paired with my Alpine headunit and it always picked up calls and made calls using the car audio. But with the Evo i can make calls using car audio no problem but as soon as a call comes in using ether the Answer button on my headunit or the phone, the phone picks up the call and goes to headset. I have to hit Menu then BT on so i can transfer the call to the car audio. Not sure if this is an issue with Alpine or Evo. But i can see my phonebook on my headunit which is awesome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones