• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone in Los Angeles? - June 4th

Upvote 0
I live near the lakewood BB but I preordered @ the BB in Compton Gateway Center semi-near my bf's house! They had a folder with about 15 preorders already! Me & My bf preordered! They guy said that if they start to get a lot more they will start making appointments and will call us with our appointment time! I'm off that day from work so I can just jet up there in the am!! I can't wait!!

&& I'm wondering, I live like a block away from a radio shack also, I'm wondering if I should've done the pre order there to get the $20 towards accessories!?

Upvote 0
lol I Pre-ordered at the best buy off chapman in Orange Ca. They gave me the gift card with the receipt. I was told they would call me around the 2nd or 3rd of june to schedule an appointment. I asked a lot of questions and the rep told me that they match as many phones with the Pre-orders.

awwwwww Raider - we are neighbors.. literally :D

Upvote 0
Figured this would be more appropriate to put in here, since it's a thread specific to L.A.

Found this article from OC Register saying that 4G in OC would be available as part of the LA 4G rollout
Sprint offers O.C.'s first 4G smart phone | network, sprint, evo - News - The Orange County Register

that article was a joke.. and that guy obviously doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground... Doesn't sound like he Sprint OR the EVO.. only the Incredible... hmmmm wonder if we could fill up his comments and straighten out his ******edness :D

Upvote 0
im wondering, I live like a block away from a radio shack also, I'm wondering if I should've done the pre order there to get the $20 towards accessories!?

I would have! Anyway, I got mine pre-ordered at Radio Shack and I'll be in Los Angeles June 5th-15th visiting family & friends. :cool: A friend of mine has his pre-ordered at Radio Shack in Macy's plaza in Downtown L.A.

Upvote 0
that article was a joke.. and that guy obviously doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground... Doesn't sound like he Sprint OR the EVO.. only the Incredible... hmmmm wonder if we could fill up his comments and straighten out his ******edness :D

LOL...Were you seriously expecting a L.A. columnist to be knowledgable 'bout Tech stuff? It's not the iPhone and it's not trendy, so obviously the EVO isn't great. That's the typical "tech savvy" columnist in L.A....hahahahaha.

Reactions: clambert1273
Upvote 0
LOL...Were you seriously expecting a L.A. columnist to be knowledgable 'bout Tech stuff? It's not the iPhone and it's not trendy, so obviously the EVO isn't great. That's the typical "tech savvy" columnist in L.A....hahahahaha.

amen LOL nope I wasn't lol I have read elsewhere that some of OC should light up with the LA release also.. I just thought it was hilarious (that article)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just put the deposit down at the BB in Sherman Oaks, CA. I was #21 on the list. They told me for sure they'd have enough EVOs to cover all the pre-orders done through tomorrow. After that they weren't sure what stock they'd have.

I'd take the Sherman Oaks branch's word for it. They were by far the most friendly/helpful when I got my TP there.

Upvote 0

No way. It doesn't have an Apple on it, no thanks! :D

Hey drex, do you see the Sun anywhere? I think we killed it :D

Upvote 0
Since everyone in here is in LA, for those of you that are Laker fans, check out my post last month in the Sports Thread that was created:

http://androidforums.com/609320-post33.html

Lakers EVO battery cover FTW! It's not perfect, but I don't have photoshop at work, so had to make quick work with what I could use (Paint).

haha I remember that one!!! :) I am sure my hubby's will have Angels somewhere ALL over it lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones