Anyone keeping their hero?

Last Updated:

1. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So is there anyone keeping their hero and skipping the HTC EVO 4G? Please give some reasons why. Just curious.

Advertisement
    jerry56 likes this.
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

For now, yes, I am keeping it.

I'm a huge "gadget geek" and love to get new devices ALL of the times (it drives my wife nuts). My Hero works fine and I really have no need to get the Evo, this may prove to be different when my upgrade comes though.

Ultimately, new and better gadgets are release all the time. By the time my upgrade rolls around there may be something new/better.... only time will tell.

3. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I for one, like the form factor of the hero. I also want the next gen processor. The evo is gigantic, and I am a pocket phone guy so the evo, while totally an awesome piece of hardware, just isn't for me. I really like sense, but think I am going to go vanilla next time around, because I don't want to wait forever for an update, like we have for the hero.

4. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The hero looks cooler than the evo but the evo has better insides. if only there was a hero 2..........

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Lack of physical answer/end keys and no trackball has me debating it as well.

6. deedub

deedub Well-Known Member

I don't get an upgrade until November. I'm thinking there will be an all new Sprint phone to come out by then so I am going to wait. I'm hoping/dreaming for something running Android 3.0 or may be the new Droid 2 :D

Not too much of a stretch, wasn't the time elapsed between the Hero and EVO about seven or eight months?

Not to much of a hardship though, my Hero with 2.1-6 is running sweet.

I just dropped an 8 gb class 6 card in it too. For those who may be interested, Amazon is selling them for 19.95 w/ free shipping.

7. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Yeah, I really like the idea of the hero 2. With a scorpion:D

8. Firehawk

Firehawk Well-Known Member

I can't upgrade until December 1st so Hero until then. Can't afford $500 for a phone

9. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member

My Hero works perfectly for me. I have a friend that has the Evo so I have had a chance to play with it but the size feels awkward to me after my Hero. Besides I have another 18 months on my contract so this phone will have to last. I really couldn't ask for much more from a smartphone then the Hero can do right now.

Lisa ;)

10. kassdog

kassdog Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm keeping it just because the size of it. I to will wait till my upgrade and see what comes out by then

11. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Keeping my Hero.

1. I don't have $500 for a new phone and awhile till I have an upgrade.

2. I don't think I could pocket a phone that big, especially after you put a case on it.

3. The Hero still works great for me!!

12. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

I too am staying with the Hero. In fact I just added my GF to my plan and got her a Hero. I too have played with the EVO and its just too big for me. Its a wonderful piece of hardware and way cool but just too big for my pocket and I just cant see carrying a tablet on my hip. My ideal phone would have the EVOs innards with the Heros form factor. Hopefully something close to that will be available in October/November when my upgrade is due. Also the 2.1 update really works well on Hero and I am very pleased with it.

13. toasty

toasty Well-Known Member

I'm probably going to hold off for now. I'm on my third Hero at this point, and I've finally got the damn thing working the way I want. I'll let other people deal with the kinks of a first gen product, and I'll jump into the fray in a few months.

14. Hero_Guy

Hero_Guy Well-Known Member

im staying with my hero:D not only becuase i only got it less than 30 days ago but now that i learned how to root, the possibilities are endless. i read somewhere that they were comparing the size of the evo to HD2 and even though the evo is a bit smaller, the size is a huge issue for me. plus i like the fact that the hero has a trackball which is a huge plus. my friend has the iphone and even though i "convinced" him that the hero is better even though he wont admit it, he does admit the trackball is pretty damn useful for editing texts.

and i like the form factor too. its pretty damn close to perfect but it would be better if it was thinner but i hopefully sprint gets the legend aka hero2. i lookedup some vids on youtube about the euro version and its pretty damn cool. it pretty much has the same specs except for a 600+ mghz processor and flash, except its built sturdier and i think thinner.

15. Hero_Guy

Hero_Guy Well-Known Member

16. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

the htc evo is too huge for my liking.

17. lopezbnj

lopezbnj Well-Known Member

I'm still keeping with my Hero. I afraid I might hate my new devices EVO. There are two problems to me. On eis the size and the other is connecting the wifi....

I still miss by Hero!

18. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

Im keeping my hero for now, my upgrade is not til next march and i dont have 500 dollars to waste on a phone i dont like. Im sure it has a lot of better features than my hero, but the phone is freaking huge. hopefully next year well have somthig better and smaller. plus my hero works fine for now!

19. iCrash

iCrash Active Member

I'll probably be upgrading to the EVO in September if there isn't already a better phone out by then.

20. Rathamar

Rathamar Well-Known Member

Update is in October. If there is nothing new and better out then, I will be picking up the EVO, but I will be switching my Hero to my extra line I love my Hero.

I also want to keep it for tethering (talk on the phone and tether :D)

21. Wildhoney

Wildhoney Member

I will be keeping my Hero. I have found workarounds for the few small issues I was having after the 2.1 update. I cannot not justify spending $500 on a new phone when I have one that works perfectly fine. I will definitely get a new one once I am eligible for upgrade though.

22. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

All this talk about October means Sprint will probably not launch any new 3.7inch android phone like the Nexus, Incredible, Legend, or anything like those because they want to drive their EVO 4g price scam. I don't know if I would like this monster 4.2inch screen, but the lack of a trackball/glide-pad makes me pause. Besides, the only 'running android' thing the EVO has over the Hero is it will probably get 2.2 later. And, from what I'm reading, EVO owners are no better off then Hero owners using the Sense UI and Android since they are reporting similar problems (like bluetooth) and I'll bet the gigahertz processor is just hiding the rest of them.

I really need a 3.7inch gigahertz android phone on sprint like the Incredible. Hey, how about one of those new DUAL-CORE mobile phone processors by October???

23. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

1. I DON'T have an upgrade yet

2. I Love the size of the Hero, going bigger might be too bothersome. I think it is the perfect sized phone.

3. I am not fond of the extra $10 a month fee, for the EXACT same features (minus this video calling that I will never use) that the Hero has.

24. Aleko

Aleko Well-Known Member

I'm also waiting for a 3.7in EVO-like phone. I played with the EVO and it's just too big for my liking. Also, while the 4.2in screen is awesome, it should have a higher resolution to make it really useful; otherwise, it reminded me of using one of those huge remote controls for old folks with big a$$ buttons. :)

25. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

Bro this shit is history in October. I hope Sprint has something better than the EVO by then.