• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root anyone near lakewood nj who can root my moto droid

ginghis

Nov 19, 2009
hello all , i've read and read and don't feel confident trying to root my moto droid myself. I was looking forsomeone close to me who could do it for me or take a bit of time to show me how to root the phone.
I realize it isn't probably worth rooting if I can't do it myself as I would need to update time to time. Unless I am wrong? can some one tell me if it is worth having someone else root the phone for me.
I live in lakewood nj. in the case someone would wanna help me out with this.
Thank you,
Zaren

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/45764-guide-s-everything-root-related.htmlfollowing following the links under "now onto the good stuff" i had root in under an hour but i had the sdk installed already. It isn't something terribly complicated to do and the end result is totally worth it. IMHO if your afraid of bricking your phone by rooting it then there isn't really any point of having root. Most of the themes i've seen install just like root does. As far as DMUpdater goes things like that take all the fun outta it and you dont really learn anything from it

Upvote 0
Yea, if your scared to try rooting your Droid then you shouldn't have somebody else do it for you. If something goes wrong a few days later what are you gonna do? You don't want to rely on someone else to fix it for you all the time. Plus new ROM's come out so fast that your gonna need to learn how to flash them, same with themes. It is so easy to do anyway.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones