anyone use an app called betterbatterystatsGeneral

1. Fred Bassett

Fred Bassett Well-Known Member

its meant to tell you what apps are still running in the background that you may not know about giving battery drain. Said to be a decent app

Advertisement
  2. HTTR

HTTR Well-Known Member

Have not heard of that one.
  3. Fred Bassett

I heard it was pretty good. Not the prettiest app to look at but finds stuff thats still running and closes it down to stop that battery drain
  4. pm1066

pm1066 Well-Known Member

I'm running it. It's pretty sophisticated, but not user friendly unless you really know what you are looking at.
  5. Fred Bassett

aha i appreciate your advice.. does it work?

maybe not so good for someone whos not too sure what to do? In other words does it have a step learning curve
  6. HTTR

HTTR Well-Known Member

Will check it out
  7. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

It's very good for working out what's causing wake locks and draining battery. I've only had cause to use it with one ROM/app combination, but it is very good at what it does.
  8. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I'll second the recommendation.

BBS will show you processes, partial and kernel wakelocks.... basically all the stuff that can stop your device 'sleeping' and cause unusual battery drain. It's one of those apps that you install, forget about until you run into a problem, then give a sigh of relief when you remember it's there. :)
  9. Fred Bassett

how easy is it to figure whats causing the drain and how to stop it? Whats the learning curve like