• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anything you don't like about the EVO's looks?

The back cover could use a re-haul, I like the Incredible's back cover much better but the specs are way better.

Seriously? I think the back of the Incredible looks way cheesy and tacky...almost the kind of thing I wouldn't put past Sprint with their penchant for making everything black and yellow with Nascar themes. Smooth and sleek beats XXX-treme any day.

In order of best to worst (in my opinion)

i5aava.jpg

1zh1sva.jpg

33yrv3r.jpg

I tend to like simple and minimalist designs so obviously we all may have different opinions. I just think the Incredible is in the vein of the Touch Diamond with its beveled back plate.

Upvote 0
I think it beats the flying shit out of the iPhone. The iPhone does everything in small steps so it stays smooth--the Evo, Incredible, et c. all scroll/zoom over a much greater area, and they still do it faster and smoother than the iPhone.

Personally I love the smoothness of the iPhone, I hate how jerky Andriod looks a lot of the time. Smooth looks natural and organic, while the faster jerkier motion seems too machine and computer like.

Upvote 0
The only thing I do not like about the evo is a lack of a physical keyboard

I had tried the EVO soft-keyboard (even better in landscape mode), it was really smooth and responsive. It is better than the physical keyboard to be honest. Plus the physical keyboard will always add extra weight to the device like carrying a piece of brick in your front pocket.

Upvote 0
Personally I love the smoothness of the iPhone, I hate how jerky Andriod looks a lot of the time. Smooth looks natural and organic, while the faster jerkier motion seems too machine and computer like.

That would be true if it were jerky. It was on previous devices, but you can see in the provided video that that's simply not the case anymore. It is both fast and fluid. The iPhone is a safe minivan; the Evo and Incredible are responsive sports cars.

Upvote 0
The main thing I don't like about the Evo looks is the vendor logos on the front panel.. HTC and Sprint.. They just ruin thg clean and minimalistic look of the phone. Sprint's logo particularly bugs me. That's one think you gotta give to Apple - they don't let carriers to put their stupid vendor logos all over the iPhone.

Anyone thinks there is a way to remove Sprint's logo from Evo?

Upvote 0
I actually like the red accents as well, wish they'd stayed. You know, I hadn't really even thought about the rings around the buttons, but with that shoop you posted, personally it looks better without them.

I hate you for opening my eyes to this!

I do like the back though. I don't care how comfortable the Incredible's back feels, it looks fugly to me.

Upvote 0
I'd be scared as shit to scratch the actual thing, unless someone here posted conclusive evidence that you could do it without much risk of scratching the device. In the mean time, how does everybody feel about this?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/560483/evo-fixed-big.PNG

EDIT: Give it a minute to upload.

Very nice. I think I'd prefer the earpiece grille to be black on my dream config though.

Upvote 0
I went out to the mall today and got a chance to have a live demo of the HD2 and then went to the Verizon store where the manager had an Incredible he was using and he let me play with that.

All I have to say is WOW what a difference the Incredible's screen looked so tiny compared to the HD2, but I looked at the back cover and saw the same type of lock they had on the battery cover on the Evo videos.

I changed my mind if there is one thing I could change I would change the back piece and the way it locks onto the phone it's a pain in the butt to try and get off and it felt somewhat cheap when the manager went to show me the incredible's battery.

Upvote 0
I think I may take off the back cover, tape over the camera lens, and then use black auto touchup paint on the ring around the camera lens so that when I take it off, the back won't have the red camera ring but rather a slick black. Not sure if I will do the same under the kickstand or maybe another color like white or silver.

xlf3o3.jpg

Upvote 0
I believe they will be--Like the Incredible and HD Mini (and the Legend? Maybe?), the Evo is going to have a "individualized" (cough cough) interior, which will be reiterated around the camera and under the kickstand. I like it, personally, but hey. All black would be nice, too. You can never have too much black.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones