• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyway to set evo to NOT charge when plugged in to PC?

my guess is that he doesnt want to off set the battery time off 1 charge. when was just testing how long my battery lasted, i messed it up by plugging it into my comp. but nothing a little math cant solve. and nick is right...you should take advantage of any lil charge you can get.

Upvote 0
Sim-X is concerned because the batteries DO have only a finite amount of charge cycles before the battery is toast.

It bugs me, but no, there is no way to sync files without charging the battery, too.

But what counts as a charge cycle? Is charging the phone for 5 minutes considered a cycle? I figured a charge cycle would be 1 full charge and one full discharge. But I really don't know and am curious.

You do always have the option of buying a new battery with this phone if you do indeed wear it out.

Upvote 0
Sim-X is concerned because the batteries DO have only a finite amount of charge cycles before the battery is toast.

It bugs me, but no, there is no way to sync files without charging the battery, too.

Thats what i was worried about. I'm pretty sure even if the phone chargers for a minute or two, that will count as one of the "charge cycles" that the battery can handle. Plus, if i'm running my laptop on battery power, and just want to send files to the phone, i dont want the phone hogging more battery from the laptop.

Upvote 0
Thats what i was worried about. I'm pretty sure even if the phone chargers for a minute or two, that will count as one of the "charge cycles" that the battery can handle. Plus, if i'm running my laptop on battery power, and just want to send files to the phone, i dont want the phone hogging more battery from the laptop.

Charge cycle is for discharge, so charging as often as possible is actually better for the battery.

Upvote 0

I wouldn't worry about charge cycles. Perhaps this will help How to prolong lithium-based batteries

As for the OP. You can either do what you're doing or you could use something like dropbox to transfer the files between the computer and phone. That's what I use instead of USB for a few small files and use USB when it's several large files I need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones