• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AOSP 9.2.2 Free Memory After Install

botomgun

Jul 9, 2010
RI
I have to say that the phone has been snappier after this install. I have been on CM6 for a while and thought I would give this a try just because somebody went through the trouble of putting it together.

Just curious to see how much free memory you are seeing on your phone after installing this ROM. I currently have 59 apps installed and have 23MB free. It does not seem to be affecting performance, but maybe I just don't know any better.

If I remove an app using TB, do I actually free up space on the phone or is it just not loaded during boot-up?

I have to say that the phone has been snappier after this install. I have been on CM6 for a while and thought I would give this a try just because somebody went through the trouble of putting it together.

Just curious to see how much free memory you are seeing on your phone after installing this ROM. I currently have 59 apps installed and have 23MB free. It does not seem to affecting performance, but maybe I just don't know any better.

If I remove an app using TB, do I actually free up space on the phone or is it just not loaded during boot-up?

Yep, this is the only drawback to aospMod, imo;) When I have CM6 set up, I normally have 90-100mb free space. In aospMod, I have around 50-60mb.

If you uninstall an application via TB, you are uninstalling that app, period. So, yes, you are freeing up internal space

Reactions: botomgun
Upvote 0
Yes it will free up space on the phone if it is install on the phone and not stored on the SD Card. You can test it, before removing an app, check your free storage and then check it after you remove the app, you can always re install it ;)

Just curious to see how much free memory you are seeing on your phone after installing this ROM. I currently have 59 apps installed and have 23MB free. It does not seem to affecting performance, but maybe I just don't know any better.

Reactions: botomgun
Upvote 0
Yes it will free up space on the phone if it is install on the phone and not stored on the SD Card. You can test it, before removing an app, check your free storage and then check it after you remove the app, you can always re install it ;)

Before uninstalling I would backup or freeze that app first, just to make sure no problems occur. You might have to have TB Pro to freeze, not sure:thinking:

Upvote 0
Before uninstalling I would backup or freeze that app first, just to make sure no problems occur. You might have to have TB Pro to freeze, not sure:thinking:

You do have to have the Pro version, but I have been unsuccessful in getting it to install. It seems to load fine, but stops immediately after the installation phase starts. I contacted Jo

Upvote 0
It sort of strikes me as odd that the AOSP Android 2.2 ROM uses up more internal space than the CyanogenMod 6.1 ROM does. I say that because I would think all the extra things that the CyanogenMod 6.1 ROM does would take up more space than vanilla Android 2.2.

I thought AOSP Android 2.2 actually gave more space than only fifty or sixty megabytes. But, maybe it varies by handset.

Upvote 0
mind describing what the freeze option does for tb?

From the TB Website:

"App freezer can disable an app (and make it invisible) without un-installing it"

Makes it easy to determine if removing a program will have an adverse effect on the system, or if a certain program is the cause of an issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones