• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App install - Help needed

STLEVOFan

May 27, 2010
I tried updating both Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds on Friday. I had all kinds of trouble getting them installed, still haven't been able to get them installed. I had both installed prior to Friday. So in trying to troubleshoot things on friday one of the things I did was uninstall the app to try to reinstall. It did not work. Fast forward to Saturday when the Dolphin browser app update was released. I updated and had the same problem as FN and AB. Trying to think about possible causes, I wondered if using SDMOVE to move the app to the SD card was causing problems. So, I moved Dolphin browser back to my phone and retried the update. What do you know, it worked successfully. Now, I am stuck and don't know what to do with FN and AB though, becasue since I uninstalled them I don't have anythign to move back to the phone and I still can't get them installed. I tried looking at my SD card for any left over files from either game and couldn't find anything. Does anybody have any ideas how I can go about fixing this?

Fixed. I plugged my phone (EVO) into the computer and connected as a disk drive. Then tried reinstalling and it worked. Reason, it worked I think, is because the phone disconnects the SD card so it couldn't see that there was a previous install of those 2 apps. I was also able to move them back to SD card after install. whew....this bugged me all weekend.

Reactions: guttyla
Upvote 0
Fixed. I plugged my phone (EVO) into the computer and connected as a disk drive. Then tried reinstalling and it worked. Reason, it worked I think, is because the phone disconnects the SD card so it couldn't see that there was a previous install of those 2 apps. I was also able to move them back to SD card after install. whew....this bugged me all weekend.

This was driving me crazy, trying to install Angry Birds Lite....just mounted my phone and downloaded and installed...easy...thanks for the advice and help.
Droid
rooted, Shadow Rom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones