• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App Settings isn't installed

Good morning,
I cannot get in the "Settings" application on my 7inch Android 4.1 tablet. It says "app isn't installed".

In parallel the following text appeared any time I wanted to run an application: " the process android.process.acore has stopped". I solved this problem by updating all information on Google+ ( account, maps,...).

But pressing on the icon "Settings" still show "app isn't installed". I can see the applications appearing in Playstore, but cannot download and install any of them.

Please help!!! :eek:

Hi Yakiri, Welcome to AF!! I think we need a little more info, make and model of the tablet will help us to help you a lot. Meanwhile, can you do a factory data reset on the device?
ICOO Icou7GT 7 inch tablet , Android 4.1, Allwinner A31 quadcore proccessor.
The factory data reset doesn't work. I just tried it again. And now again "unfortunately,the process android.process.acore has stopped" appears again. A virus? or anything else?

Upvote 0
ICOO Icou7GT 7 inch tablet , Android 4.1, Allwinner A31 quadcore proccessor.
The factory data reset doesn't work. I just tried it again. And now again "unfortunately,the process android.process.acore has stopped" appears again. A virus? or anything else?

I doubt it's a virus, I'm totally not familiar with that tablet, but i did find an update for it.:)
Upgrade your Life with SpeMall and the new sensation! ICOO iCou7GT Tablet PC 7 inch Quad Core 2G 16G. | China Electronics Wholesale – Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China

I would try the manufacturers website as well. Plus I found this blog about it all.
http://blog.*****.com/index.php/author/admin/

EDIT: Here's a Sticky you should also read.
http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html

Upvote 0
It still doesn't work....How to do a factory data reset when the "Settings" application cannot be opened?
The problem is solved!!!

Dear Lilbit, your idea to do a factory date reset is good since it is the solution. Since I cannot do it through the application " Settings", I used the hard method which is to long press on the two buttons power and volume at the same time.
Thanks a lot!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones