• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App to preserve ringer state through reboot?

Hello, I'm using an HTC Desire, a bad choice apparently! Like many other Desires mine has developed the fault of shutting down and rebooting at random. It does this ten or twelve times a day. The solution is to send it back to HTC under warranty. However, according to the thread on the Desire forum they take around a month to fix it, and even then there's a good chance that the fault will develop again!

At the moment the main problem which this fault is causing me is that for the eight hours I'm asleep the phone will almost certainly reboot itself. After a reboot the ringer state goes to vibrate (I set it to silent before I doze off). Because of this I get woken up during the night by vibrating alerts. Currently the only way round this is to turn the phone off overnight. Equally during the day when I leave the phone lying around the house or office with the ringer set to loud it reboots itself, goes to vibrate, and I find I've missed a load of calls.

So is there an application which will remember what the ringer state is and restore it to that after a reboot?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones