• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App updates, where are the details?

Nelviticus

Jul 10, 2010
Herts, UK
I have most of my apps set to auto-update. However if an update requires new permissions, Android will pop up a notification so I can choose whether to update.

The problem is that the update page it takes you to just lists the permissions and unless you then search for the app in the store there's no way of looking at the 'normal' app page. On the normal page you can see the details section (often listing what's in the update) and the reviews (where helpful users often tell you whether an update's worth doing).

I'm sure it wasn't like that until recently. I'm sure that the notifications used to take you to the normal app page. Is this just me? Am I missing something? The crazy thing is that if you select 'update' it lists the permissions for you again anyway.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones