• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apparently my texts are being hacked...

Make sure your security question answers are not easy to hack,
your mother's maiden name, "x!f#tT7y" is better than "Smith" and where were you born "kbMx$.jk" is better than "USA" or "Texas"

They use things like where were you born or mothers maiden name to make it convenient for you if you forget your pw but it makes it easier for people, esp people close to you to hack. My way you have to store this info somewhere, you won't remember it, but you close off this backdoor to your account.

Upvote 0
Side Note: Chances are she could have the spy app on her phone as well. In which case he could see all texts being sent to her along with her replies. Being her "ex" i am willing to bet he had access to her phone at various times. Check both phones.

I dont mean to interupt the discussion, but my bet is that hes loaded an app on her phone... he prob had and still have access to it.

If she doesnt believe you, talk with her and you twoplan some bogus texts and let her see if he calls and feed the bait texts to her.

This scary

Upvote 0
Have you actually seen these anonymous texts on the girlfriend's phone? Have you seen them come in?

As an outsider looking in, this sounds more like a girlfriend who's checking your phone and finding stuff and making up other reasons she knows! Then when you start deleting she masks the question wanting to know why you're deleting them! I could be wrong though...

My suggestion, put a pattern lock on the phone and don't let anyone have the code. Then see if the knowledge of your text message content stops.

This sounds right to me. I have used(not anymore) an app that moniters text messages because I am raising my teenage sister in law, and was having troubles. However, unless the app is not built properly, they have no way of knowing that you are erasing them right away.

SMS Tracker used to not log the conversation if you erased them right away. However that has since been fixed.

The only way a person could install that app on your phone is to have physical access. The only way they can access the text log on your phone is to check physically. Sounds like your girlfriend doesn't trust you. Sorry.

Upvote 0
This sounds right to me. I have used(not anymore) an app that moniters text messages because I am raising my teenage sister in law, and was having troubles. However, unless the app is not built properly, they have no way of knowing that you are erasing them right away.

SMS Tracker used to not log the conversation if you erased them right away. However that has since been fixed.

The only way a person could install that app on your phone is to have physical access. The only way they can access the text log on your phone is to check physically. Sounds like your girlfriend doesn't trust you. Sorry.

You have a good point there, my android brethren

Upvote 0
You can remote access the phone, but that requires root. You also need physical access to root and install the app. If you have no clue what root is, you didn't do it.

Here are my suggestions.

Check your app drawer, or app menu to see if there is an app called Super User. If not, no root.

Check the app list for an app called SMS Tracker. However, make sure to check for an app called System Health as well. That is a hidden version of SMS Tracker.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones