• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps on home screen??

mscc987

Lurker
Aug 24, 2016
Hi everyone,

I have looked everywhere to try and find the answer to this but no results..

My home screen has got a bit messed up and apps everywhere.. I would like to set it back to default but if I do click clear data on the Touch Wiz Home will it delete my apps I have got downloaded or just return to the main home page with my apps on another screen?

Thanks for the response in advance

I suspect that just clears data from the apps but doesn't uninstall them or remove them from the screen.

I don't see a way to automatically clear the home screen without a factory reset and that would not only uninstall all of your apps, it would also remove ALL files (photos, videos, music etc) from the phone's internal storage - so basically, don't do it unless you absolutely have to.

My suspicion is that you will need to manually remove the apps you don't need from the home screen, I'm afraid.

Upvote 0
I don't keep apps on my homescreen at all - to my mind that's what the App Drawer is for (though I do also keep some folders of my most important apps in folders in my dock).

Unless running an odd Android implementation like MIUI removing the app icons from the desktop as Danny describes does not remove the app from the phone. There is an option in the Play Store settings to automatically add apps to the homescreen when you install them - untick that and only those you choose go on the home pages (the rest just in the drawer).

Reactions: Dannydet and Bg260
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones