• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps Reccomended

Hey all. Like many of you, I finally have 2.1 and on top of that, I have given in to allowing myself to get paid apps every once in a while. So far, I have gotten PicSay Pro, Tapatalk Pro, Beautiful Widgets, and Pure Music. What apps, paid and free, do you reccomend and what is their function?

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

-Texas Holdem is online poker, lots of fun if you like poker
-aloqa is useful to find places near you (coffee, bars, restr, etc)
-Note everything is great, I use it all the time, can back up import & export notes (I bought the app after trying it)
-stopwatch I use for my workouts
-task manager with widget is great for one button termination of background apps
-acontacts is a great way to quickly pull up contacts using t9 which is the fastest
-astro is excellent file manager & backup program
-quick settings I use frequently to quickly change brightness & wi-fi (it does other settings as well)
-aldiko is my favorite ebook program
-colordict is a great dictionary as it downloads everything to your sd card and you don't need to have any network to look up definitions of words...and it has other apps you can add to it to expand functionality. Installation is smooth and de-installation is automatic after running it.

Upvote 0
Paid
-Locale- Allows me to automatically enable/launch or disable/kill various settings or apps on my phone based on a wide variety of conditions.
-BetterCut- Great for custom icons/labels
-DocumentsToGo 2.0- Word/Excel/PDF/other processor app. It's like having microsoft office on your phone.

Free
-Screebl- Controls screen timeout based on phone orientation (So great that I bought the paid version).
-Layar- If you're not familiar with where you are and you want to find something nearby (food) it's a great thing to have.
-Astrid- A great little listing app on it's own. But when combined with Locale's location-based condition settings, I never forget to pick anything up at the store, and it reminds me when I am driving by.
-xScope Browser- It's fast, it tabs, it has pinned zooming, and it can actually close for real when you exit! No more of that other browser running in the background when you are done with it! This one runs clean:D
-Liquor Run Mobile- An All-In-One alcohol app. Need to find a nearby ABC store or wine cellar? It will show you where they are and integrates beautifully with google Nav. Need a drink recipe? It has over a thousand. Want to know more about the contents of that beer you are drinking? It does that too. Did you know that although that new MGD 64 has half the calories of many other beers, it also has half the alcohol content?
-Shopsavvy- A wonderful little barcode scanner app.
-Pkt Auctions- A wonderful little mobile ebay-only app with scanner.
-K-9 Mail- The greatest email app I ever could've hoped for.

Games
-Battleship Pro Free- A Decent version of Battleship... there may be better
-2/4 Player Reactor- A great multiplayer reaction-time game
-Robo Defense- If you do not have this then you probably don't have any games at all.
-Mushroom Wars- A great multiplayer strategy game
-Super K.O. Boxing- Now in a free version!

Widgets
-Beautiful Widgets- (Paid)
-Oneclick Widget- A variety of controls and visual customizations for controlling settings from your desktop. In addition, the airplane mode widget gives the option of not disabling the wifi radio!
-Pandora-
-Countdown widget-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones