• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

April 10 Release?!

According to damageless's thread on xda, this ruu still has root, because it is a test rom, hence having to add busybox, superuser, etc in order to use this with apps that require root, which allot of us use. Especially those of us who have ben on custom roms for a long time.

Sorry, I was saying that you don't have to currently be rooted to use this. I now see how my response was confusing. :)

Upvote 0
Then my question is, why would anyone NOT get the leak? If we isntall it, will we get the official update when it was released as well?
See, this is my question as well. Will i be able to get the OFFICIAL release when it's made available if I use this method? The last thing I wanna do is brick my phone or be stuck with a certain build that might not be complete.

Upvote 0
Over in the leak thread they are saying you CAN get out of the RUU. android central says you can't.

I'm not wanting to reset my phone that many times. As much as I want 2.1, waiting won't kill me.

You can get out of it, but it is is complicated enough that a casual user won't want to bother. I suspect the eventual finalSprint release will just update over the current 1.5 stock, and so won't work with the leaked RUU. Of course, it is likely that shortly afterward someone will have a official 2.1 as an RUU.

Basically, if you actually use your phone for important business and you have a real life, don't flash this RUU leak.

Upvote 0
You can get out of it, but it is is complicated enough that a casual user won't want to bother. I suspect the eventual finalSprint release will just update over the current 1.5 stock, and so won't work with the leaked RUU. Of course, it is likely that shortly afterward someone will have a official 2.1 as an RUU.

Basically, if you actually use your phone for important business and you have a real life, don't flash this RUU leak.
Ha, good point...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones