• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are Rush Limbaugh & Glenn Beck on the Mark

I don't know or care if either are on "the Mark" but I do know that both have been on intoxicating substances for a fair portion of their careers. In Beck's case it's alcohol; in Limbaugh's case, oxycodone (a powerful narcotic).

I know enough about addiction from experience with family and friends, and believe that personal humility is the first sign of recovery. I don't see the slightest sign of that in either of the two.

I for one wouldn't take advice from any drunk or addict who's in the throes of their disease. Whatever they say is moot. Feeding their illness by affirming their egotistical ranting helps nobody. I can't fix them, but I can ignore them.

Upvote 0
It is funny to me, but it seems to me that if you point out the other side of any issue to some, they jump on a bandwagon and smear you and say you are spreading hate.

How in the world can we have an honest discussion of the matters at hand if one side is so actively bent on suppressing opposing points of view?

Upvote 0
Limbaugh called a complete stranger a rude and defamatory name. I saw the video; the camera (and microphone) does not lie. I can't repeat the word, but since he didn't know if it was true or not, that was indeed a lie. I don't care enough about him to have any feelings about him. But I know that he's a liar, quite belligerent on the radio and speaks like someone who's infatuated with the sound of his own voice.

I don't need such a person in my life. Not even a little bit.

Upvote 0
It is funny to me, but it seems to me that if you point out the other side of any issue to some, they jump on a bandwagon and smear you and say you are spreading hate.

How in the world can we have an honest discussion of the matters at hand if one side is so actively bent on suppressing opposing points of view?

It is very hard.

I would look at the liberal press. They love Obama and they do not like Conservatives. When this happens, all hope for a balanced report is lost. RL does his best to keep us informed about what is happening and what is ignored by the left and the left spins it in ways those that do not know better accept as truth, so hatred builds.

We staunch Conservative republicans do not have a voice in the mainstream press, but we do have RL, Beck and Medved. And we have the smarts to confirm if RL is telling us the truth or not.

We call the left liars because in most cases, it is true. The left deals in outright lies or they massage the truth. Or they fail to report vital information.

Consider this: NBC apparently has not yet reported on the union thuggery that lead to a hot dog vendor being called terrible names; they knocked down his cart, damaged lots of stuff all because the vendor said something the union members did not like. The unions have behaved poorly in this latest issue.

Fact: all the new law does is allow people a right to work without joining the union. It does not mean unions are being killed off. This fact is not reported, just the yelling sound bites that serve to protect the unions by making the law look bad and those supporting the law look like evil morons.

Here is one example that always seems to raise hackles. Taxes and what is fair. The left is telling us the wealthy need to pay more taxes. The wealthy think they pay more than their fair share. We are not against paying taxes because we are use to it. We want the government to stop spending like a drunken democrat.

People are told the poor need help and the rich get away with not paying taxes. Yet most of the the rich do use what the press and others call loopholes, when in fact, the rich are following the law and they are--for the most par--not cheats.

I can only wait untill Obamacare arrives in full and we all start getting the bills to be collected by the IRS. I think the tax hikes will do very little in the end. the rich will find a way and we will be "punished" through higher prices and less in the envelope every two weeks.

There is a difference between a loophole and a legitimate tax deduction. The word loophole is used to make the less tax educated among us think this is a bad thing. Loopholes are bad and they are not the same as deductions.

I think one loophole is the deductions for your children. Lets dump that loophole and see what happens.

Consider that nearly half of the country pays no federal income tax. The rich carry the country. Yet the poor think they should be treated fairly. Seems to me, if I am not paying a cent in federal taxes and I use more government services, I am getting a good deal and fairness is the last thing I want.

Fair is not fair unless it means taking money from people that create jobs. No poor person ever gave me a steady pay check.

There are countless reasons not to trust the press and yes, I also suggest you confirm anything you are told. Regardless of the source. Then decide who is the liar and who should be sseriously considered.

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
Limbaugh called a complete stranger a rude and defamatory name. I saw the video; the camera (and microphone) does not lie. I can't repeat the word, but since he didn't know if it was true or not, that was indeed a lie. I don't care enough about him to have any feelings about him. But I know that he's a liar, quite belligerent on the radio and speaks like someone who's infatuated with the sound of his own voice.

I don't need such a person in my life. Not even a little bit.

What exactly did he say? And what about context? Both are important. You do not have to reply with the word. Just substitute it with 'expletive.'

Upvote 0
I don't know or care if either are on "the Mark" but I do know that both have been on intoxicating substances for a fair portion of their careers. In Beck's case it's alcohol; in Limbaugh's case, oxycodone (a powerful narcotic).

I know enough about addiction from experience with family and friends, and believe that personal humility is the first sign of recovery. I don't see the slightest sign of that in either of the two.

I for one wouldn't take advice from any drunk or addict who's in the throes of their disease. Whatever they say is moot. Feeding their illness by affirming their egotistical ranting helps nobody. I can't fix them, but I can ignore them.

I am glad Beck and Rush are the only people who took drugs.

Do they "abuse" such noxious substances now?

Do you know anything about RL and his pain killer issues?

Lots of people you likely admire smoke dope, drink and take pills. Still do and while they perform or go about their lives. Many have overcome their addictions.

Again, do you actually know anything and what about the facts?

Upvote 0
Should you really be criticizing someone over substance abuse when your hero Obama openly admits to (in fact brags about) being a drug addict?

Lots of people use MJ. Many take pills to keep them upright and happy and pills to make them less happy. We drive drunk and many of us pray that MJ will be legalized.

One of my favorite things is music. From the country stars that lead a drug-filled life (and still do) to those that sing about dope and still smoke it, seems rather silly to say one person should be cast out for a drug issue when most of America seems to be attached to some intoxicant in one form or another.

I guess I am too old because I remember when drinking was our only major ill. Those of us that lead a clean life cannot see why any drug use should be tolerated. But we also know that addiction grabs you and it is hard to shake. When we overcome, shouldn't we be praised?

The loudmouth Bill Maher commented on Limbaugh and OXY, but he is a dedicated MJ smoker. He also prefers prostitutes. Pot smoker calling the Radio Kettle Stoned By a man with a seriously questionable life.

We have always had alcohol abusers and "mother's little helper" was a part of daily life for millions back in the day.

And I do drink and I smoke cigars. I guess this means I cannot have my own radio show some day. Glad to know I can still be president.

In the case of Rush and Glen, their "abuse" is over and they are clean and sober. They learned and they lived to tell the tale. Can't they come back from their foibles and abuses? Will Rushes Oxy problem always be the only thing people can point to when criticizing RL? Or alcohol in the case of GB?

Upvote 0

The word Hate means nothing these days. It has lost all meaning, so it seems. We are too quick to judge people who might be telling the truth by calling them hateful. Trust me, I know true hate and it ain't pretty.

Upvote 0
Yep, they both are on the mark...

The broadcasts of the so-called GBTV, LLC, (Glenn Beck Television) are devoid of input from qualified scholars and scientists who might legitimately address the serious realities facing the United States, it instead provides content that is often mired with heavy doses of racial paranoia, foul stereotypes, and blatant appeals to the worst fears of the American people.

And though Blacks are just 12.5 percent of the American population, they proliferate in the GBTV domain, most often posed as enemies of American society. Our Black President is targeted most oftenhttp://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/Perspectives_1/article_8558.shtml, but at a level such that a recent email to Beck’s followers arrived with the heading “This really happened: Obama ate a dog.”

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
I've eaten monkey, did Obama really eat a dog?

edit: Damn, I hate to even post this, but since you mentioned it i decided to google crime rate by race. Kinda hard to find stuff on the first page google gave me, then I came across this Neanderthal's site, http://niviusvir.wordpress.com/crime-statistics-from-the-department-of-justice/

I kind of hate to post it, the comments are sort of vicious, but you know what? I wonder if these are the sort of statistics Beck is drawing those conclusions from?

Upvote 0
Limbaugh spewed his bile about how all drug users should be locked up, while at the same time he was doctor shopping for his hillbilly heroin. Then when caught, it was suddenly nobody's business. How convenient. It's the hypocrisy I can't stand, not the addiction.

Rush is a liar.
No, I don't need to prove it.
It is obvious to any serious person who has given him a listen. The people who worship him only believe his lies because that's what they want to believe.

There is no liberal media. Period. Get a new crutch please.

Let me guess the next response. "you don't know wtf you are talking about". Yeah, that ones pretty tired as well.

Reactions: arkady
Upvote 0
Limbaugh spewed his bile about how all drug users should be locked up, while at the same time he was doctor shopping for his hillbilly heroin. Then when caught, it was suddenly nobody's business. How convenient. It's the hypocrisy I can't stand, not the addiction.

Rush is a liar.
No, I don't need to prove it.
It is obvious to any serious person who has given him a listen. The people who worship him only believe his lies because that's what they want to believe.

There is no liberal media. Period. Get a new crutch please.

Let me guess the next response. "you don't know wtf you are talking about". Yeah, that ones pretty tired as well.

You don't know wtf you're talking about. Thanks to Rush, I was able to differentiate between Bane and Bain. I don't know what I would have done otherwise.
(yeah, i popped my head in the conversation to make a smart ass comment and nothing else. Sue me :p)

Upvote 0
Just a quick reminder to keep the discussion in the library and out of the schoolyard. We should support arguments with evidence (not necessarily "facts" in these types of debates) and not assume (or accuse) what someone does or does not know, has or has not done.

For example:

I say "the sky is green."

You may say "I don't believe you are correct."
You may say "It's blue because of the visible spectrum split by the ozone layer" (or whatever the real scientific reason may be).

You may not say "You've obviously never looked up."

Next week, we'll learn how to build a birdhouse from a milk carton. ;)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Just a quick reminder to keep the discussion in the library and out of the schoolyard. We should support arguments with evidence (not necessarily "facts" in these types of debates) and not assume (or accuse) what someone does or does not know, has or has not done.

For example:

I say "the sky is green."

You may say "I don't believe you are correct."
You may say "It's blue because of the visible spectrum split by the ozone layer" (or whatever the real scientific reason may be).

You may not say "You've obviously never looked up."

Next week, we'll learn how to build a birdhouse from a milk carton. ;)

Well said, MOD! Give 'em Hell!

First of all, even being conservative, I completely understand that Rush is a capitalist that is simply in the business of selling a very lucrative product... his opinion. I know that so I take everything he says with a grain of salt. But at the same time, you can't possible deny the existance of the liberal media empire that never persists at ramming their philosophies and propaganda down our throats 24/7. Simply research the political views of practically every single journalist, talkshow host and sitcom actor on every network besides FoxNews. Don't deny it simply because you agree with them. In that case YOU are believing what you want to believe instead of reality. Peace out!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones