• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Screen rotation issues with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

fowlman

Lurker
Feb 7, 2013
I've had my Note 2 since mid December, 2012. I love this thing, but the screen doesn't always want to go into landscape mode. I took my first device to an AT&T service center, where they tried flashing it. Flashing didn't help, so they replaced it with a new phone. A few days later, the problem started reappearing. It's more of an annoyance than a problem, as I can usually get it to rotate if I screw around with it for a few minutes. Anyone else having this problem? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

well that's a lie. trying to blame it on a software update. it has been happening to both my phone and 2 others that I know since we got the phone back when it was first released.

restarting the phone fixes it each time but that's annoying. Samsung needs to fix this bug for the Note 2.

Well for me, it only happens after OS upgrade from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2. When I was in 4.1.1, I never had this rotation stuck problem.

I do have a quick way to fix it without reboot. I just go into the phone dialer app, click the Keypad tab, rotate, and it is fixed until the next time it is stuck.

Upvote 0
Well for me, it only happens after OS upgrade from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2. When I was in 4.1.1, I never had this rotation stuck problem.

I do have a quick way to fix it without reboot. I just go into the phone dialer app, click the Keypad tab, rotate, and it is fixed until the next time it is stuck.

GREAT lcneed !!! Thanks a lot for your workaround !
You really deserve a JOB AT SAMSUNG !!! :)

Upvote 0

I did that. Went to phone dialer and rotate, then it worked ..till the next time its stuck again, and i have repeat the process. B4 this, i always had restart my phone, which was annoying and time wasting. Or i tried turning off and on the screen rotation button. Then i thought my phone was spoilt until i came across this forum. Hopefully this problem is fixed soon. Someone suggested turning off the multi window fxn. Mine is always off, yet this problem occurs. Dont wat is wrong w the software.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem and discovered that if you are trying to view your screen in a mode where it doesn't automatically adjust, simply use two fingers on the sceen and make a circular motion.
I use my two thumbs... the right one at the 12 o'clock position and one at the left one at the 6 o'clock position. I the rotate my 12 o'clock thumb to 3 o'clock and at the same time rotate my 6 o'clock thumb to 9 o'clock position.
I hope that this makes sense.

Upvote 0
I did that. Went to phone dialer and rotate, then it worked ..till the next time its stuck again, and i have repeat the process. B4 this, i always had restart my phone, which was annoying and time wasting. Or i tried turning off and on the screen rotation button. Then i thought my phone was spoilt until i came across this forum. Hopefully this problem is fixed soon. Someone suggested turning off the multi window fxn. Mine is always off, yet this problem occurs. Dont wat is wrong w the software.

The phone dialer fix used to work for me, but a while back another small AT&T update broke that. Now mine is the same as yours. It would fix it while I am at the phone pad, but after that it will stuck. The multi window fix (by bring out the tab and rotate) from someone else above actually works now. Like you I always have it turned off. So it is stuck, I turn it on, hold the Back to make the tab appears and disappear. And the next time you hold it, it will bring up the selections of other windows.. that's when you turn the phone and it fixed my problem.. until next time. After that I turn off my Multi-Window again. My phone seems to stuck every day now... right after charging overnight usually. I am thinking maybe if I leave Multi-Windows on.. it won't happen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones