• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Stuck notifications in status bar

epetela51

Lurker
Aug 3, 2014
Hey everyone, first time posting to a forum so give me the benefit of the doubt. I have had my G2 since last December and I rooted it a few months ago and I love it, I run Xposed on it all the time without a problem.

Last week however a really annoying thing started happening. Whenever I get a notification (usually from hangouts or sportscenter) the text from the notification would rotate on that status bar like normal but then one part of the text would get stuck there on the status bar. If I pull down the notification shade and clear the message it stays stuck there basically until another message comes thru and basically pushes that stuck message out of the way.

I've tried all sorts of different things. I've done everything from deleting individual apps and reinstalling them to going into Apps in settings and clearing data, cache and force stopping them and I even went as far as performing a factory reset yesterday and it is still happening (Btw in case anyone wants to know a factory reset doesn't get rid of your root)

This happens randomly so it's not like every message gets stuck on the status bar which makes it harder for me to pin point what exactly is causing this to get stuck.

Any tips or suggestions would be awesome, maybe there is something I haven't thought of yet so please help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones