• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atrix vs Inspire

solidkevin

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2009
I actually am leaning towards the inspire even though I have been raving about the Atrix for so long, heres my opinion.

As far as screens you're getting a higher res on the atrix but you are getting a bigger screen on the Inspire, plus the inspire is SuperLCD which actually looks pretty great, I have seen it compared to SuperAmoled and the brightness is really good!

As far as specs yea Atrix is a monster but cmon, I use my phone for music, web browsing, some little games here and there, standard stuff you know, I really dont see how 1gb or ram and a 2GHZ processor would benifit ME.

Build quality of the HTC is superb no doubt and look wise it is very classy, the moto looks good as well but its hard to know unless you hold it.

Then we have Battery Life...Im willing to bet the Inspire's Battery is not that great but I can just buy an extra battery and use when needed, not a huge problem for me, but the nice battery on Atrix is a plus!

The Atrix also features a Front Facing Camera, which is nice but for me is not needed.

Its actually funny before these were announced and Atrix took all the thunder the Desire HD was the phone I was bent on getting, all in all these phones are awesome and for me I think its just a matter of which comes first, cause whatever comes first is whatever im getting.

Anyone else debating which one?

I actually am leaning towards the inspire even though I have been raving about the Atrix for so long, heres my opinion.

As far as screens you're getting a higher res on the atrix but you are getting a bigger screen on the Inspire, plus the inspire is SuperLCD which actually looks pretty great, I have seen it compared to SuperAmoled and the brightness is really good!

As far as specs yea Atrix is a monster but cmon, I use my phone for music, web browsing, some little games here and there, standard stuff you know, I really dont see how 1gb or ram and a 2GHZ processor would benifit ME.

Build quality of the HTC is superb no doubt and look wise it is very classy, the moto looks good as well but its hard to know unless you hold it.

Then we have Battery Life...Im willing to bet the Inspire's Battery is not that great but I can just buy an extra battery and use when needed, not a huge problem for me, but the nice battery on Atrix is a plus!

The Atrix also features a Front Facing Camera, which is nice but for me is not needed.

Its actually funny before these were announced and Atrix took all the thunder the Desire HD was the phone I was bent on getting, all in all these phones are awesome and for me I think its just a matter of which comes first, cause whatever comes first is whatever im getting.

Anyone else debating which one?

Yea me and you summed it up exactly how I feel I'm leaning hardcore to the inspire. The only way I am getting the atrix is if it arrives first and right now I don't think that's gonna be the case

PS friends that own the EVO love there evo and one of my friends actually has the desire HD and its awesome, better than the EVO in every way

Upvote 0
For me it's going to be the Atrix unless it is reviewed very badly for some reason. I'm a big fan of HTC but I can't justify upgrading to the Inspire from a Nexus One for basically just a bigger screen. (and smaller battery) I realize that the there are some other improvements as well but I don't see it as a "jump" to the next generation like I currently do with the Atrix. Now if HTC were to announce something with Tegra coming to AT&T, then I would have real tough choice! (I highly doubt HTC is bring anything dual core to AT&T anytime soon though)

Upvote 0
I look at it like this, its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I'll take the 1GB ram over whatever comes in the Inspire probably 512 not sure though. I'll take the 16GB on board memory over 4GB onboard in the Inspire. I'll defiantly take the Tegra dual-core processor over the 1GHz snapdragon in the Inspire. The HTC is nice and defiantly wouldn't mind owning it but spec wise its just your average run of the mill smartphone available today. The Atrix is defiantly the future of where super phones are headed. I didn't even mention all the webtop accessories available for the Atrix and the 4" screen is big enough for me.

Upvote 0
I look at it like this, its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I'll take the 1GB ram over whatever comes in the Inspire probably 512 not sure though. I'll take the 16GB on board memory over 4GB onboard in the Inspire. I'll defiantly take the Tegra dual-core processor over the 1GHz snapdragon in the Inspire. The HTC is nice and defiantly wouldn't mind owning it but spec wise its just your average run of the mill smartphone available today. The Atrix is defiantly the future of where super phones are headed. I didn't even mention all the webtop accessories available for the Atrix and the 4" screen is big enough for me.

Its 786 of ram almost the 1g ghetto atrix has. The snapdragon on the inspire gets a quadrant score of 1987 while the dual core gets. 2500. So the speed difference will be slight especially since most of the dual core tech won't be utilized. Plus software optimization always beats out hardware and HTC is the best at that.

Upvote 0
Its 786 of ram almost the 1g ghetto atrix has. The snapdragon on the inspire gets a quadrant score of 1987 while the dual core gets. 2500. So the speed difference will be slight especially since most of the dual core tech won't be utilized. Plus software optimization always beats out hardware and HTC is the best at that.

But Like I said its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Upvote 0

The Atrix just has a bit more features and accessories over the Inspire. I love the webtop software and its accessories, I absolutely love the fingerprint scanner. I'm tired of imputing a pin or or lock code just swipe and go on the Atrix. I love that the back of the phone is flat unlike the Inspire where the camera sticks out. The 4.3" screen I don't particular care for. The 4" screen fits nicely in my hand and pocket. Personal preference with all this I guess.

Upvote 0
Like I said, those high specs are nice but its not something that im gonna notice a lot as I wont be playing tons of games and people act like 1ghz and 700mb of ram is outdated lol seriously, that more then enough needed to do basic things and run every game out their 2 years from i can understand, but these specs are top of the line. Just my opinion

Upvote 0
Like I said, those high specs are nice but its not something that im gonna notice a lot as I wont be playing tons of games and people act like 1ghz and 700mb of ram is outdated lol seriously, that more then enough needed to do basic things and run every game out their 2 years from i can understand, but these specs are top of the line. Just my opinion

Well like I said its personal preference, I want the best in my smart phone and 1GHz phones have been out for a while, hell I was overclocking my Droid past 1GHz when it came out so I think in smartphone years its a little outdated but might do the job for what you want to do with your phone.

Upvote 0
I would caution against it. If price/availibility is your issue, then I cant say much to that. However, a lot is going to happen in the next 2 years (assuming you lock yourself in and do not want to pay MSRP) with mobile computing, apps, games, etc. Are you willing to roll the dice? Sure, the Inspire will be able to 'handle' whatever comes out, but wouldnt you prefer to dominate it?

I always buy the best thing I can when I make a purchase. Gotta beat the technology scaling best you can to make the most out of your dollars in the long run.

Upvote 0
What exactly do people need 2ghz for? So far I have been abale to run every program every game, and run the n1 and GS with no lag and everything runs perfectly, aside from the more demanding games made specificlly for dual core, I dont see whats the use, seems more like its just peoples obsession to have the latest an greatest rather then what they truly "need", dont get me wrong though i was like this and still am to a certain extent, im just trying to change my ways and just stick with a good phone for a while.

Upvote 0
What exactly do people need 2ghz for? So far I have been abale to run every program every game, and run the n1 and GS with no lag and everything runs perfectly, aside from the more demanding games made specificlly for dual core, I dont see whats the use, seems more like its just peoples obsession to have the latest an greatest rather then what they truly "need", dont get me wrong though i was like this and still am to a certain extent, im just trying to change my ways and just stick with a good phone for a while.

This is were I agree with you. The atrix is a phone that isn't about need its about want. None of the functions or specs are needed for what android is gonna offer anytime soon. Just look at the nexus S Google picked those specs for a reason

Upvote 0

Once Tegra hits the market, I'm sure more apps and games built to utilize it will come out.

I wonder how long it will take to optimize Android for these processors.

Upvote 0
This is were I agree with you. The atrix is a phone that isn't about need its about want. None of the functions or specs are needed for what android is gonna offer anytime soon. Just look at the nexus S Google picked those specs for a reason

The functions and specs are needed to help run webtop, tegra games and whatever else is thrown at it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones